What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

Someone sent a PM asking for some pictures of 3-band M&Fs. I have but two (perhaps Ben could indulge us as well).

Here are my 3 band brushes from Lee. The 3 band hair is similar to Rooney Super.

full

Second from the left is real bone handle.

full

Imitation horn and onyx.

Last edited by a moderator:
......is my brush here yet???????

btw, I love the barrel handle. it looks great, different then anything else out there. how does it feel in the hand though? other brushes are designed to be comfortable in the hand, while the barrel looks like....well the opposite.

I love the barrel handle. it looks great, different then anything else out there. how does it feel in the hand though? other brushes are designed to be comfortable in the hand, while the barrel looks like....well the opposite.

Perhaps surprisingly, the barrel is fantastically comfortable to hold! It gives a very confident feel in the hand and is possibly second only to my octagonal handled Thater ergonomically. I have more than a few barrels from Lee in various sizes, handle materials and knots. They rate among my favourites M&F brushes.

Perhaps surprisingly, the barrel is fantastically comfortable to hold! It gives a very confident feel in the hand and is possibly second only to my octagonal handled Thater ergonomically. I have more than a few barrels from Lee in various sizes, handle materials and knots. They rate among my favourites M&F brushes.

Excellent to hear. Now I have an idea of where to start for my next m&f!

......is my brush here yet???????

btw, I love the barrel handle. it looks great, different then anything else out there. how does it feel in the hand though? other brushes are designed to be comfortable in the hand, while the barrel looks like....well the opposite.

I'll second what Ben says, but take it a step further. I find the barrel brush to be my most comfortable brush in hand. I love using it. If you go waaaaayyy back in this thread we had some discussion going re. why Lee made the barrel. He told me he got the idea because some of the cannons for forming brush knots were made from used beer barrels back in the day.

I'll second what Ben says, but take it a step further. I find the barrel brush to be my most comfortable brush in hand. I love using it. If you go waaaaayyy back in this thread we had some discussion going re. why Lee made the barrel. He told me he got the idea because some of the cannons for forming brush knots were made from used beer barrels back in the day.

well you guys have me convinced of the handle shape. now to figure out the material and knot. oh yea, and get authorization on funding.

Ymmv...i find the Barrel rather unergonomical to hold...:)...still prefer my Polo's/Urn's, Simpsons Colonel having the most ergonomical handles..

Ymmv...i find the Barrel rather unergonomical to hold...:)...still prefer my Polo's/Urn's, Simpsons Colonel having the most ergonomical handles..

I really like the handle on my Colonel, but it's just a bit undersized for my paws. I think my M&F handle may be the perfect match for my large hands

I know, right? I have my 32mm in ivory on the way...it shipped Thursday per Lee, so I'm hoping it will be here tomorrow or Friday (alas, I may have to wait the weekend if it takes 10 days or so).

Huh? I wish.

I ordered and paid for a brush on Aug 25 and it hasn't made it to Iowa as of yesterday! The last one I ordered took three weeks.

Huh? I wish.

I ordered and paid for a brush on Aug 25 and it hasn't made it to Iowa as of yesterday! The last one I ordered took three weeks.

If you ordered and paid for it, it may have taken a week or so to make...I know the last brush I had, he didn't even have a knot available to show me a prototype, he had to wait 2 days for the knot to dry and whatnot, then he showed me a prototype, but that wasn't mine. He had to make mine after that.

So it might take a week or so to make it, then ship it...3 weeks doesn't seem too bad for what amounts to a custom item coming from UK.

He told me he was shipping mine on Thursday...I've had things get to UK in less than 2 weeks (shipping only).

All of you evil doers have finally gotten to me. Now I have two M&F's coming from Lee... an ivory and a horn. Both are 23mm, 49mm. I also figured that since I was taking the plunge my buddy, Mark, should take the plunge as well. He's getting a horn w/ 24mm knot. See, I can be an evil doer tooooo.

Gee, thanks guys.

Definitely a YMMV thing, Peter. I really favor the Rooney Style 1, Stubby, Chubby handles over taller handles like the Colonel. I find the barrel handle ergonomically similar.

proxy.php

Sunday is a tough day when you are waiting on a brush from Lee... no deliveries.

and terrible football on tv!

Just so everybody knows....i've yet to see anything like my brush in the 1200+ posts in this thread, but I think it will quickly become one of the most popular.
yes...I just made that very bold statement.

Thanks, Ken. Works for me.

I've been meaning to say, Ben, your collection of M&Fs is incredible. Peter, I'm sure yours is as well. I'm wondering if either of you two gentleman would be so kind as to submit photos of your whole M&F stables as a "catalog" of sorts for those just finding out about these brushes and weighing their options. It'd be nice to say, "see Ben's post #1242 for some examples of the handle styles Lee could craft for you." Maybe we could make a wiki entry with said photos, too.

Top Bottom