What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

4th. 31/52 - When I got my 28, it had some stiffness to it and still does. When I put it through its first 3 test lathers, the water ran brown from the hair. HOWEVER, this 31/52 is just sooo... different. Its huge --- and I love it. But when I washed it, there was no brown run off. Also --- there is good body, but this thing is SOFT. I dare say softer than my XL2, and very comparable density.

I realize that each batch of hair is different and that brush makers do what they can to keep a consistent product, so perhaps this is a result of variance. But this brush is just SO different from my previous 3 M&F brushes. I would LOVE to know why and if anyone else has had this experience.

That is very interesting AGBill, I also would love to know if Lee has found a new style of hair. Both of my M&Fs are pretty much the same.

That is very interesting AGBill, I also would love to know if Lee has found a new style of hair. Both of my M&Fs are pretty much the same.

George, as far as I know, Lee is on his third batch of Blonde hair, each slightly softer than the previous.haven't heard anything about a forth batch. But it's possible.

Ken

A perfect 10 from Lee...

The largest has a knot of 36mm. Then each knot is 2mm smaller. The smallest knot is 18mm.

Last edited by a moderator:
A perfect 10 from Lee...

The largest has a knot of 36mm. Then each knot is 2mm smaller. The smallest knot is 18mm.

:w00t::w00t::w00t: Great googly moogly... This thread never ceases to amaze me.

What one is your favorite? You have to give us a review on that 36mm beast. Did he carve the handle out of a bowling pin :lol:

I get a very subtle sandalwood from it. It's not as strongly scented as the last type.

My guess would be tallow. Unfortunately it was simply shrink wrapped, no label. If I had to guess I would say it's a Valobra base but I have no idea if that's correct or not, just, like I mentioned, very similar to AOS.

Ken

Just been talking to Lee about his new soap. No tallow. His comment that animal fat is bad in England suggests to me it's made there, not in Italy (i.e., not Valobra based). Lee did mention that he tried to tweak the formula so it would perform like a tallow-based soap. Flavors? I think he has two right now: coconut and sandalwood.

Ben, that is truly a magnificent set of brushes! If you find that the 24mm is not quite right for you and needs a new home just let me know ...

No. :lol:

Yep, he told me the same thing yesterday. For a veggie, it's quite good. As mentioned, I'd be hard pressed to differentiate it from my AOS.

Ken

That's good to hear, as he is throwing a puck in with my "birthday brush." I just used AoS last night and it is a nice shave for sure. Nothing like a good soap (any of them) and a freshly honed blade.

I need to order my M&F. I keep forgetting! How can I forget something this important!
oh yea I cant decide between the wood looking beehive and the wild colored type 1

So, Lee said that he has a new shape coming out that he is pretty excited about. Anyone have any clue what it is? He seemed hush hush about it.

Top Bottom