What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

[[drumroll please]]

And, for my next brush...a birthday gift to myself...(kind of from my mom, too, I love that she's still good for some cash even though I'm financially independent)...

Faux Ivory Chubby - 32mm x 52mm :w00t:

Nice Nathan, congratulations and Happy Birthday Brother!

These are the most recent three for me.

proxy.php

33, 32 & 34 mm respectively. All lower mid 50s loft. The two on the ends are wonderful but the one in the middle is my grail brush. Absolutely PREFECT. Super dense and lovely scritch.

Oh, by the way, Lee's new soap was in the bag too. Fantastic! Very similar to my all time favorite, AOS. Even though I really liked his glycerin style soap, this one is, IMO, so much better. Great lather, great glide, nice subtle scent. Highly recommended!

Ken

Oh, by the way, Lee's new soap was in the bag too. Fantastic! Very similar to my all time favorite, AOS. Even though I really liked his glycerin style soap, this one is, IMO, so much better. Great lather, great glide, nice subtle scent. Highly recommended!

And the scent is...? Does it come in multiple scents? Tallow or veggie? Please post a photo of the box/soap/ingredients if you have a chance. Thanks.

And the scent is...? Does it come in multiple scents? Tallow or veggie? Please post a photo of the box/soap/ingredients if you have a chance. Thanks.

I get a very subtle sandalwood from it. It's not as strongly scented as the last type.

My guess would be tallow. Unfortunately it was simply shrink wrapped, no label. If I had to guess I would say it's a Valobra base but I have no idea if that's correct or not, just, like I mentioned, very similar to AOS.

Ken

Very good, thank you for the info. I like the performance of the glycerin one too, very rich and moist lather, great shaves, but the scent I was not too excited about which is fine, scent is a personal preference.

So I got my 31/52 today! (pics to come) This is my 4th M&F.

1st: 24/52 - loved the hair type, but not dense enough (sold it)
2nd: 26/49 - in the right direction. Great brush --- moderate bloom, great handle size. My wife LOVES it, but with the Rooney heritage knots as my comparison, it is not quite dense enough to earn a spot on the roster.
3rd: 28/50 - now we are cooking with gas! Same handle size as the XL2, same size knot and similar loft. It has my scritch than my Rooney. Not a bad thing! It makes for two brushes that have a very different feel (soft v. some scritch; fan v. bulb) (This one may stay around for a while...)

I don't think that my SBAD will ever turn into a 20 brush rotation, as I have no problem selling away brushes that I don't see myself using regularly. However, my SBAD never dies down. I never stop looking for the next brush --- something new to try. Thater. Emillion. Flat tops. Shavemac D01s. Constant... So my most recent purchase.

4th. 31/52 - When I got my 28, it had some stiffness to it and still does. When I put it through its first 3 test lathers, the water ran brown from the hair. HOWEVER, this 31/52 is just sooo... different. Its huge --- and I love it. But when I washed it, there was no brown run off. Also --- there is good body, but this thing is SOFT. I dare say softer than my XL2, and very comparable density.

I realize that each batch of hair is different and that brush makers do what they can to keep a consistent product, so perhaps this is a result of variance. But this brush is just SO different from my previous 3 M&F brushes. I would LOVE to know why and if anyone else has had this experience.

NOTE: I am freakin' thrilled with this purchase. I read an earlier post about brush variation batch to batch, so it may be just luck of the draw. If so, FINE BY ME! This fatty is gonna stay.

Now, when my 3XL (yes... I caved) comes in, there will be a head to head!

Is that for the new soap?
(edit-I see it's the old soap)
Ken

Is that finest a M&F finest?! o_O

I didn't know I could even ask for that...haha! Enjoy those big guys, big guy.

I asked lee about that 30mm beehive too, Ill let you know what he says.

Is the one in the middle the "finest"? It looks like a hybrid shape!

I should have taken a picture "before" Sorry about that but I had to run off and use it immediately:lol:

Prebloom it looked EXACTLY like a 3XL (which I would term a fan, not a hybrid). As stiff as it is, I was kinda surprised it bloomed as much as it did, especially compared to the two Blondes, one of which is more bulby than the other (which, in my mind IS a hybrid). Although it has the smallest knot of the three, bloomed it's much larger.

Ken

Top Bottom