What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

Thanks for the positive comments gents. The knot's ~25x48 and the total height of the brush is ~100mm. I think that this is "standard" for this model of M&F, only the added metalwork separates it from the production brushes. It goes nicely with the #15 which happens to be silver plated rather than Rh for some reason. I guess I'll need some polish soon.

That is a stunning brush. I have so far resisted the temptations you guys are posting in this thread, but that one might push me over the edge.

Bob, while these guys are wasting their time on various M&F creations, you're secretly planning a coup with Rudy!! You, my friend, are a force to be reckoned with!! :001_smile

Can't wait to see pictures!! :w00t:

If you wouldn't mind to spend quarter a grand for a brush, you just say "I need something special like this or that".

Exactly (well, except for the "quarter grand" part:lol:) I've honestly never had Lee say "no" to any request I've made. I'll go so far as to say, to any passing comment I've made:lol: I say, "Hey Lee, what do you think about.....?" and in about 15 hours, he sends me a picture of it. It's terrifying, actually:lol:

Ken

With new brushes appearing all the time it's easy to be underwhelmed when one actually arrives. A few weeks ago I decided to try an M&F. After a very cordial email exchange with Lee Sabini, I settled on a black "style 1" (based on the Rooney design) that had some tooled silver on the handle. The brush arrived after about 10 days.

It is outstanding in all respects IMO. The knot density is just right allowing flow through and leaving a soft face feel with plenty of backbone. I worked it hard on soap pucks, bowls and face lathering. In all cases, I got good rich lather and a nice face feel with suction and good coverage. Needless to say, it does not shed. In a crowded field, the M&F brush stands out as an authentic quality product that seemingly came out of nowhere. The quality and finish matches or exceeds the most expensive brushes I have used. Don't miss out on these great brushes!

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/images/styles/RoyalFlush/attach/jpg.gif

Beautiful brush! I've got a thaja wood with real silver collar and base in a "persian jar" style on the way.

Attachments

• $Screen shot 2011-07-14 at 7.57.46 PM.jpg
    $Screen shot 2011-07-14 at 7.57.46 PM.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 364
Another gorgeous brush Ben...one of these days, once the post-man has NOT paid you a visit for at least a week...I'm going to request you to take a few pictures of your entire collection...would love to see them all :)

Exactly (well, except for the "quarter grand" part:lol:) I've honestly never had Lee say "no" to any request I've made. I'll go so far as to say, to any passing comment I've made:lol: I say, "Hey Lee, what do you think about.....?" and in about 15 hours, he sends me a picture of it. It's terrifying, actually:lol:

Ken

I exaggerated the pricing part, my friend:lol:. If you know what do you want, the limitations are just words. Btw Ben, you are a genius. With those silver bands the wooden part will be lasted for a long time.

Those silver bands ARE are and ingenious idea!! Have to keep that in mind!! :sneaky2: Not that I'm going to be buying another brush anytime soon..seriously I'm not :wink2:

The reason pricing discussions are useless has already been well explained by Ken. It's totally based on the volume of your order, the current hair supply cost for Lee, the amount of work needed to turn the handle, the material used and the size of the knot...his pricing is some of the best I've seen for a solid quality brush in the 'normal' knot sizes and traditional handle shapes. They do start getting pricey from there...without going into specs, I've got one or two brushes that have cost me more than I'm willing to admit even to myself...and hence never posted in the forums...just the nature of the beast...you pay for what you want and if you end up wanting something thats time-consuming, tricky or made with hard to obtain materials, then it'll cost you more.

Another gorgeous brush Ben...one of these days, once the post-man has NOT paid you a visit for at least a week...I'm going to request you to take a few pictures of your entire collection...would love to see them all :)

I'd be happy to oblige Sameer, might need to find a wider angle lens to fit them all in!

Bob, while these guys are wasting their time on various M&F creations, you're secretly planning a coup with Rudy!! You, my friend, are a force to be reckoned with!! :001_smile

Can't wait to see pictures!! :w00t:

All I will say is that it is a matched set, and I will certainly share pics when they're on their way.

Back to M&F, given the turnaround that Ken just described, I have to think that Lee is turning the handles as well. Between the silver collared beauties that Rick and Ben have just posted, I can't believe that there is any middleman sitting around waiting for the call to turn these clearly custom made handles.

...and hence never posted in the forums...just the nature of the beast...you pay for what you want and if you end up wanting something thats time-consuming, tricky or made with hard to obtain materials, then it'll cost you more.

I guess that's the reason that you and Peter have not shared pictures of your beloved M&Fs yet. About customisation you are absolutely right, Sameer.

Ken

Good to know.

Lee's definitely turning the handles himself. I've discussed a couple back and forth as he's made changes to the handle design...or polished it up a bit...he wouldn't have bothered or humored my eccentric requests if he wasn't doing it himself...no middle man would have put up with the frequency of the changes.

Lee's definitely turning the handles himself. I've discussed a couple back and forth as he's made changes to the handle design...or polished it up a bit...he wouldn't have bothered or humored my eccentric requests if he wasn't doing it himself...no middle man would have put up with the frequency of the changes.

Ah, so you are the one he has been complaining about. Just kidding... :w00t: I think around here we are all guilty of being a bit too picky.

Top Bottom