What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

These posts are really not helping me out at all! Different hair than in Rooney's :w00t:

For those that have these can you let me know about the density compared to the New Rooney Stubby XLs or Finests or Shavemac D01? Basically just looking to see if they are more dense than simpson's 2-band brushes.

Also, how is the backbone and softness/scritchiness of tips?

this is a nice review i found for it Harvitz.....its what kinda sold me....

Last edited by a moderator:
This is definitely not the Heritage Two-Band, I have one of those as well and this is different.:thumbup1:

+1

Comparisons to the two-band Heritage would be helpful, too.

This hair grade is similar to the Heritage, but it has more back bone (even with a taller loft) and longer white tips. The softness of the tips is similar, but structurally I would call them distinct grades. Furthermore the radical difference in shape gives this a different face feel, its a bit less scrubby than the short and stocky Stubby's. This feel a bit more luxurious with the higher loft.

So, are these re-branded Rooney's? If so, I would imagine that the Two-Band hair is of the Rooney Heritage Two-Band hair.

The two companies are different as far as Lee told me. The handle is basically a Rooney style one or Stubby, but the knot is different. They are made in one of the original cannons (the tool used to shape a knot) from when the company first opened. Its more of a bulb than any Rooney I have owned. Also as stated before the hair grade is a little different than Rooney two band. Again similar, but to me it is a unique brush.

These posts are really not helping me out at all! Different hair than in Rooney's :w00t:

For those that have these can you let me know about the density compared to the New Rooney Stubby XLs or Finests or Shavemac D01? Basically just looking to see if they are more dense than simpson's 2-band brushes.

Also, how is the backbone and softness/scritchiness of tips?

The density is nearly identical to my Shavemac two band DO1, but the taller loft gives it a bit more bloom than the short D01's so the density at face level is slightly less. They have slightly less density than the new Stubby line and noticeably less than a Finest. However, the density is very close to the same as my Chubby 2 two band.

As for the tips, they are very soft with zero scritch.

Is this the brush? http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/item/7233684/7455438.htm It does not look the same as the brush in the initial post of this thread.

The brush you linked is a three band brush. The knot and handle look to be the same shape (most likely made in the same canon I previously mentioned) but as the hair grade is different it would be a different brush.

Last edited:
i am really liking mine after a few days of use. the brush really hits the sweet spot between being firm enough for hard soaps, soft enough for creams, dense enough for luxury and open enough for flow. it's also heavier than any brush i own, including a G3 eagle. It feels great in the hand and on the face

:thumbup:

Ok, I'm really on the fence about ordering this brush and need some ultimate input from people who own this and several other 2-bands.

How would you rank this compared to:

Rooney Finest
Shavemac D01 2-bands
New Rooney Stubby XLs

(I own the above 3 and am looking on opinions as to whether it would seriously offer anything different).

Also comparisons to Simpsons 2-band, Vie-Long, and TGN 2-bands would be nice (all owned at one point and since sold).

I really don't need another brush and am just looking to see if it will really offer anything different to the ones listed above that I own.

Personal preference I like 24mm knots in the 46-48mm loft range (M&F seems to fit this bill), and tons of backbone and density. Basically a scrubby face lathering machine. If it is this with different tips than the ones I own, please let me know.

I ordered one here just yesterday, and was told it was one of the last he was selling before launching them. Lee said it would have a bit longer loft, approximately 54mm. I've been getting to where I like to have a little bit of loft so it sounds good to me!

I ordered one here just yesterday, and was told it was one of the last he was selling before launching them. Lee said it would have a bit longer loft, approximately 54mm. I've been getting to where I like to have a little bit of loft so it sounds good to me!

He's been listing them on eBay for a week or two. I've been fighting the urge to get one.

He's been listing them on eBay for a week or two. I've been fighting the urge to get one.

I bid on the one on eBay and didn't win, but he sent me a second chance offer. Really fighting the urge on this one as I thought I was done with brushes (that is till those stubby XLs were back in stock, which I haven't received yet).

hmmm, what is wrong with B&B. Not even any enablers to push me over the edge on this :tongue_sm

I dunno. Lee seems super nice and accommodating, the build quality has been reported as top-flight, the brushes are built using traditional methods, and... I ordered one. I look forward to trying out the elegantly designed, weighted handle when it arrives. :001_tt2:

(Ok hopefully you'll be so jealous I can serve as an enabler).

Also 24mm = pretty much my sweet spot for knot size. :thumbup1:

Also call me crazy but this brush, ascetically, does it for me. I love that typeface.

Also you deserve it!

Last edited:
hmmm, what is wrong with B&B. Not even any enablers to push me over the edge on this :tongue_sm

I think that is the first time I have been told I'm not an enabler on the brush forum :001_tt2: Its a great brush, and for the price more than worth it, but I have a stable of great brushes and assume many of you do too. Assuming you do, I almost feel guilty encouraging you to spend more loot during the holidays.

I think that is the first time I have been told I'm not an enabler on the brush forum :001_tt2: Its a great brush, and for the price more than worth it, but I have a stable of great brushes and assume many of you do too. Assuming you do, I almost feel guilty encouraging you to spend more loot during the holidays.

Enabler par excellence!

Yeah I saw it, but I didn't feel like fighting others on ebay for one, so I figured I'd try him directly and leave it at that. I fought the urge as well but it's apparent how that ended. :mellow:

After much thought I think I'm actually going to pass on this one for now. Having owned 30+ brushes and paring that down to 5 badgers and 1 boar which are hard enough to use them all evenly anyway, it is with much regret that I won't purchase one for now.

The 2 semogues and the Rooney XL in the mail might have a little to do with it as well :tongue_sm Then there is that Thater and another custom shavemac I've had my eye on....

After much thought I think I'm actually going to pass on this one for now. Having owned 30+ brushes and paring that down to 5 badgers and 1 boar which are hard enough to use them all evenly anyway, it is with much regret that I won't purchase one for now.

The 2 semogues and the Rooney XL in the mail might have a little to do with it as well :tongue_sm Then there is that Thater and another custom shavemac I've had my eye on....

I don't think you need an enabler, Joe. Believe me, I should know!

Top Bottom