Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

from a few pages back:

Group Buy Chief (bulb)
Lee7 in Blonde (Hybrid Bulb) My first M&F brush from Lee in early 2012
Beehive with Heritage (Hybrid Fan)
2XL with Gel Tips (Hybrid)

$IMG_20140607_092524.jpg

I've got a new toy!
I traded my butterscotch L7 for this M&F brush in the "Chief" handle with a 26mm fan "blonde" knot. The handle material is "faux briar" but it reminds me of coffee & cream.
After cleaning it and test lathering, after drying it is displaying the distinctive "crunchiness" and hooked tips of a "heritage" knot. Lucky me! It's a keeper. Thanks David!
proxy.php
proxy.php

And after blooming...
proxy.php

Could you school me on this "crunchiness" description. My knot gets a little stiff at the very tips when it is dry after a use. The tips almost kind of clump together also. I was thinking it may be my pre shave oil but this is the first I heard of someone else experiencing "crunchiness". It goes away with moisture and provides a soft lather every time.
I've got a new toy!
I traded my butterscotch L7 for this M&F brush in the "Chief" handle with a 26mm fan "blonde" knot. The handle material is "faux briar" but it reminds me of coffee & cream.
After cleaning it and test lathering, after drying it is displaying the distinctive "crunchiness" and hooked tips of a "heritage" knot. Lucky me! It's a keeper. Thanks David!
proxy.php
proxy.php

And after blooming...
proxy.php

Okay thanks. Wasn't too worried as its a new brush so I thought it may just need another clean. Which it probably does. Also I have been experimenting with a couple pre shaves and think I may have been using too much. Thought it might be clogging or something. This is easily the best brush I have owned. Perfect knot size and loft for me at 26x52. Hasn't shed a SINGLE hair even with a cleanse and comb.

Yeah I'm sure pre shaves aren't bad for brushes in moderation. As long as you are not globbing too much of that stuff on I can't see why it would hurt the brush.

proxy.php

Arrived yesterday. A pic after it's first lather. The tips! So soft! What a brush.

Workmanship - Perfect, knot symmetry - perfect, tip softness - perfect, backbone - perfect!

I'm so pleased, I do wonder how Lee can make brushes this good. It baffles me.

All very nice brushes! I have the Chief from the Group buy and I've tried to reach out to Lee several times since to order 2 more of those. But I've never received even a response.

I know Lee is very busy, but regarding customer responsiveness, it really seems a serious case of "luck/tough luck."

Received my new M&F brush yesterday.

L7 Handle - 25 mm Blonde Badger Knot, 51 mm loft

I could not be happier, these brushes are well wort the wait. Very well built with great attention to detail.

$20140727_162839_zpsut5r8hfw.jpg$20140727_162853_zps6mznv2qk.jpg

Top Bottom