What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

Gotta agree with you, Fred.

proxy.php

Ken

Hey Ken, the shape of the handle of that left brush looks very familiar to me...

proxy.php

OK guys, I am on the fence, teetering, nearly about to take the plunge, just blow on on me I will fall.

Lee's got a 24x52, this loft is a touch higher than I have come to like, in fact I had to put rubber o ring on my silvertip brushes to stiffen them up. I've never used 2 band hair in any form, so I am curious.

Will this thing disappoint me as far as backbone goes? For me, it's not a cheap thing to buy, I'm not exactly broke but I am in college and paying for it myself, but I appreciate the handmade nature of the brush, and considering we don't have a stateside craftsman producing such items, I am willing to shell out the cash across the pond. I like to scrub, I don't like getting scratched, but I do like to scrub, and it sounds like this brush is the answer. Am I correct? Thanks B&B bros!

I have a 24/51 and it's just about perfect. I suspect 52 will be just as good. I also usually prefer 45-50 in loft for a 24, but for this hair, the slightly longer loft is just right.

OK Ken. If I'm not mistaken, these are new pictures you just posted. Are these the most recent additions? The extra special brushes you mentioned? Details, please. And what's the three band hair?

Andrew

Hey Ken, the shape of the handle of that left brush looks very familiar to me...
:thumbup: Absolutely!:thumbup:

proxy.php

OK Ken. If I'm not mistaken, these are new pictures you just posted. Are these the most recent additions? The extra special brushes you mentioned? Details, please. And what's the three band hair?

Andrew

You are correct, Andrew. Just today:thumbup:

The black one is a silvertip but it's super dense with a perfect loft. The green is 30mm in finest:thumbup: Sweet!

Ken

..........OK this is hard, why must I wait. I'm tapping a hole in the floor with my foot and it's been about 4 minutes since I sent my money

These brushes are gorgeous, Ken :a47: I like the marbled design of green. And yes it looks like Rooney Finest handle.:thumbup1: And also we need information about the grade of the hair. I guess it is not blonde badger. Please enlight us.

proxy.php

proxy.php

These brushes are gorgeous, Ken :a47: I like the marbled design of green. And yes it looks like Rooney Finest handle.:thumbup1: And also we need information about the grade of the hair. I guess it is not blonde badger. Please enlight us.

thanks buddy!:thumbup:

As mentioned, the black handled one is a silvertip but it's super dense and a wonderful brush.

The green one is 30/63and is indeed a finest Lee made a while ago. It isn't as stiff as some other Finests due to to loft but it is great, none the less.

(wonder what just happened to B&B? Weird!)

Ken

Ken, beautiful score. Centerpieces of your collection, no doubt. Poor Lee will now be inundated with requests for Finest brushes, though. I think people should understand these are older brushes he had sitting around from his Rooney days. Please give us a comparison of the Finest vs. Blonde when you have the chance. Maybe a picture of all of them together for some perspective?

Ken...

What handle material is that green one? I am WeAK and I...Must....ResiSt... AHHHHH! :w00t:

I love M&F brushes and have seriously considered making M&F my next Brush Aquisition Disorder...I'd like a whole wall dedicated to this finely crafted brush...if only I had been born RICH :001_rolle...

I currently own 2 - One in 24 / 52, and one in 24/46, but since Lee is a custom brushmaker, and a DAMN fine one to boot, I feel compelled to aquire every size available in the big brand brushes... Of course it is purely for academic reasons...yeah...:001_tt1:, I can quit anytime...:drool:

Here are some brush pics (thumbnails) for your viewing pleasure...

First the 24/46. Pic by Lee

The second is the 24/52...Sorry I took it with my phone so the white balance is off.

Last edited:
Ken, beautiful score. Centerpieces of your collection, no doubt. Poor Lee will now be inundated with requests for Finest brushes, though. I think people should understand these are older brushes he had sitting around from his Rooney days. Please give us a comparison of the Finest vs. Blonde when you have the chance. Maybe a picture of all of them together for some perspective?

That's a great point. This is an older brush and to my knowledge, Lee doesn't have any more. So I wouldn't "badger" him about making new ones.:lol:

And yes, these are both spectacular.:thumbup:

As to finest versus blonde... Initially, at least, the blonde is softer at the tips but he finest is scrubbier and makes denser lather with trivial ease.

I'll put together comparison pics in a few days.

Ken

What handle material is that green one? I am WeAK and I...Must....ResiSt... AHHHHH! :w00t:

I love M&F brushes and have seriously considered making M&F my next Brush Aquisition Disorder...I'd like a whole wall dedicated to this finely crafted brush...if only I had been born RICH :001_rolle...

The green one is faux onyx. It's much prettier than I than I thought it would be.

I could see a M&F AD:thumbup: A Peter-esqe wall of them is a great idea!

Go for it!

Ken

Two more arrived today! It took them exactly 2 weeks to cross the pond and arrive at my doorstep. So I thought I should include pictures of all four. They are, left to right:

Super silvertip 24x49mm, acrylic handle. I think Lee only made a couple of these. Honestly, I have no idea how much he makes of what. I asked if he had anything other than Blonde Badger, and he showed me this and one other brush. The hair is densely packed and super soft. The logo is a prototype, and I'm sure Lee would like some input. The brush is pre-bloom.

Blonde Badger 24x54mm, has seen some good use.

Blonde Badger 24x50mm, horn. Brand spankin' new, pre-bloom. I purchased this one for my father. He is in for a treat.

Blonde Badger 27x57mm, has also seen some good use. Fantastic brush, like the rest. I really like the pattern on the piece of horn used for this handle.
View attachment 151855
View attachment 151856
Clockwise from top left: Super silvertip, 27mm Blonde, 24mm Blonde pre-bloom, 24mm Blonde post-bloom:
View attachment 151857
A close-up of the acrylic handle super silvertip:
View attachment 151858

Andrew

Two more arrived today! It took them exactly 2 weeks to cross the pond and arrive at my doorstep. So I thought I should include pictures of all four. They are, left to right:

Super silvertip 24x49mm, acrylic handle. I think Lee only made a couple of these. Honestly, I have no idea how much he makes of what. I asked if he had anything other than Blonde Badger, and he showed me this and one other brush. The hair is densely packed and super soft. The logo is a prototype, and I'm sure Lee would like some input. The brush is pre-bloom.

A close-up of the acrylic handle super silvertip:
View attachment 151858

Andrew

winner winner chicken dinner! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom