What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Found a guy in KC who did this for me this morning.

$Chief-Broom-brush-engraved-bottom.jpg

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
THIS IS SO COOL :thumbup:

Thanks. I like it! I made an AI file for him -- had to back-save to version AI 3. I think a lot of these guys used old equipment with drivers that aren't compatible with newer file formats.

I found the place yesterday afternoon. He told me what he needed. I sent the file to him last night. This morning he emailed to let me know the file worked and that he'd made a little custom jig for the brush out of Plexiglas (or something like that) and was ready. I went back in and he laser engraved it while I waited. How's that for service?

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Very cool detail. Also, Easton Press in the background?

Thanks

And no, it's Riverside Press (1929). Crazy purchase. I got this seven volume set from a bookseller in Littleton, CO several years ago. A few days later, I discovered that the first volume has a holographic letter of Tennyson's pasted into it. I don't know if they were sold that way or a collector later added it. The letter was penned to a Dr. Gully (whom I assume to be the James Manby Gully described here, and whose relationship with Tennyson someone actually wrote a book about). The little image of a face is a cutout from a photo of Gully that someone affixed to the letter.

Don't want to derail this thread, but I'm hoping responding to a question about props will be acceptable. :blush: The book just happens to be on a shelf that's at a convenient height and has decent light.

$ALT-pub-info.jpg

$ALT-holograph-letter.jpg

$ALT-sig-PS.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom