What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

No need to sigh, Joe. I don't think you'll regret this purchase. I think you sold your Semogue 2010LE because it was floppy. I did the same. The Blonde Badger M&F spoiled me. And at 49mm loft, you are going to have a nice, stiff brush.

Andrew

No need to sigh, Joe. I don't think you'll regret this purchase. I think you sold your Semogue 2010LE because it was floppy. I did the same. The Blonde Badger M&F spoiled me. And at 49mm loft, you are going to have a nice, stiff brush.

Andrew

Yeah, very few brushes actually fit my preferences anymore. Every badger I own now is a 24mm knot and they are all on the high end of the density scale.

That is what concerned me about these brushes, but after talking with Lee he said he tried some at high density and they didn't work well at all. Highly scratchy and lather hogging.

With this type of hair he said he has the density just right and said it's nothing like a Rooney Finest where you can get away with insane density with that type of hair.

Who am I to question a Master Brush Designer?

Yeah, very few brushes actually fit my preferences anymore. Every badger I own now is a 24mm knot and they are all on the high end of the density scale.

That is what concerned me about these brushes, but after talking with Lee he said he tried some at high density and they didn't work well at all. Highly scratchy and lather hogging.

With this type of hair he said he has the density just right and said it's nothing like a Rooney Finest where you can get away with insane density with that type of hair.

I agree with Lee. That's what surprised and impressed me most with this brush. Several of the parameters taken out of context are typically not to my liking - lower density, less fan shaped, 5-6mm higher loft than my typical sweet spot, etc. However, with this hair and knot, everything just seems tuned to perfection. Clearly Lee took a lot of time getting these right. To that extent, I would be reluctant to customize too far off the stock specs.

Great choice. the horn handle is amazing...at 49mm, you are getting a very stiff brush with soft tips. enjoy

Just got mine -- no thanks to this thread. :tongue_sm

Can't wait to try it out! Shipping was quick for me. Lee got it mailed Tuesday last week.

AMEN and a bunch of +1's to this one!!!! The proof is in the brush. Who cares about all that stuff, it's nobodys business but Lee's! Just keep making those superlative brushes!!!

Fred

No doubt about that, but just all know...Lee wanted me to change my post and as a matter of conscience that's just what I did...so all the "new" info Input was what he wanted to do.

The new brush I have is a wonderful brush...shorter loft and all...Feels better than my 57, and heritage too! I love those brushes and they are now my go to, for everyday of the week! :thumbup: for craftsmanship, and quality! I also LOVE the handle design! I'll post some pics of the new one soon...it still hasn't completely bloomed yet and is really starting to break-in well!

Great choice. the horn handle is amazing...at 49mm, you are getting a very stiff brush with soft tips. enjoy

That is what I'm hoping for. My Shavemac D01 2-band 24mm knot is set at 42mm, so it is hard for me to imagine something more stiff than that :laugh:

I have been convinced for some time that these brushes are near perfect. The reports from users are true. These are dialed in for those that like to face lather. There are very few, if any, reports that M&F brushes are not fantastic. I am sure that one could pick some nits. However, I am extremely pleased with mine. Kudos to Lee for making such great brushes.:thumbup1:

Well I have my USPS tracking number and supposedly it was delivered registered mail to the PO on 2/17/2011.

I called them and got the usual surly government worker. :mad3: :angry:

She will look for it, but I am in deep despair.

Please pray for me.

George, our PO seems to have a separate, secret area for registered mail from overseas. And no one knows where it is:lol: so I'll get notice something is there. I may have to go 3-4 times before I get someone who knows where to look. It's there... Somewhere:thumbup:

Good luck, buddy!

Ken

By the way, for anyone interested, Lee is working on a soap as well. He sent me a sample and I have to say, it's very nice. Fresh woodsey smell with a hint of sandalwood. Soap is VERY slippy and the lather was very dense. I would rate this as good as my daily favorite, AOS but different. It's slicker than AOS, with a touch less feed back. It lathered very easily. One of the best smelling soaps I've tried.:thumbup: A winner.

Ken

By the way, for anyone interested, Lee is working on a soap as well. He sent me a sample and I have to say, it's very nice. Fresh woodsey smell with a hint of sandalwood. Soap is VERY slippy and the lather was very dense. I would rate this as good as my daily favorite, AOS but different. It's slicker than AOS, with a touch less feed back. It lathered very easily. One of the best smelling soaps I've tried.:thumbup: A winner.

Ken

I wondered how long it would take for the soap to get mentioned! I've been using it now for a couple of weeks and it is now my favorite soap! Love the smell and allows for a close slick shave. Lee did his homework on this item too! Everybody should try this! Couple it with a 27m/m horn and have an absolutely decadent shave!

Fred

Last edited:
Top Bottom