What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

Thank you gentlemen .. I am impressed with this ... :ouch1: has a soft brush as the Silvertip Thater .. I would say that has more hair than my chubby 2 Best, is a cloud of cotton .. reminds me of the comments read in b & b on Rooney Finest Heritage :thumbup1:

Arrived yesterday. Lee 7 in Coral. 26mm knot with 55mm loft. Too soon to leave thoughts, will at future point,,,, Photos for now View attachment 223471 View attachment 223472
OK the part about replying in the future is now:
  • First brush received as mentioned above was a Lee 7 in Coral. Was ordered as 26mm diameter by 50mm loft, showed up as 26mm by 55mm. Mildly disappointed in the loft, but decided to soldier on. The hair, was much scratchier than I thought it should be given all the reviews I had read, but again, adds something a little different to the rotation, so decided to soldier on. The shedding, 320+ hairs in 7 shaves, that wasn't going to cut it.
  • Lee agreed there was something wrong and agreed to make new brush. But, would not be able to make it out of the new hair (not sure why), could make it out of the old hair (which is fine by me) and he did not have any more coral, offered several others that didn't trip my trigger, he had none of the material I asked for, then he found some more coral.
  • Fast forward to late last week: New brush arrives in Coral, looks essentially just like the brush above, but maybe less dense and a little more bulb shape which bulb is my preference. Knot = 27mm x 55mm. I'm fine with the diameter creeping up to 27, but very frustrated with another 55mm knot after reminding Lee it was to be 50mm. Hair is from the old batch, and though I could have lived with the other hair, I do much prefer this. Shedding in the first 5 shave lost 19, 1, 1, 0, and 0 hairs, so I think this one is good to go.

Last edited:
OK the part about replying in the future is now:
  • First brush received as mentioned above was a Lee 7 in Coral. Was ordered as 26mm diameter by 50mm loft, showed up as 26mm by 55mm. Mildly disappointed in the loft, but decided to soldier on. The hair, was much scratchier than I thought it should be given all the reviews I had read, but again, adds something a little different to the rotation, so decided to soldier on. The shedding, 320+ hairs in 7 shaves, that wasn't going to cut it.
  • Lee agreed there was something wrong and agreed to make new brush. But, would not be able to make it out of the new hair (not sure why), could make it out of the old hair (which is fine by me) and he did not have any more coral, offered several others that didn't trip my trigger, he had none of the material I asked for, then he found some more coral.
  • Fast forward to late last week: New brush arrives in Coral, looks essentially just like the brush above, but maybe less dense and a little more bulb shape which bulb is my preference. Knot = 27mm x 55mm. I'm fine with the diameter creeping up to 27, but very frustrated with another 55mm knot after reminding Lee it was to be 50mm. Hair is from the old batch, and though I could have lived with the other hair, I do much prefer this. Shedding in the first 5 shave lost 19, 1, 1, 0, and 0 hairs, so I think this one is good to go.
I think the reason Lee isn't doing brushes with the new hair anymore is that there are problems with the hair itself not bonding properly to the glue. Same thing happened to me. The replacement brush was less dense, softer and an even better latherer than the "new" hair was. The tradeoff is backbone. But it's still stiffer than any 3-band I've had that has comparable flow-through.

Last edited:
I think the reason Lee isn't doing brushes with the new hair anymore is that there are problems with the hair itself not bonding properly to the glue. Same thing happened to me. The replacement brush was less dense, softer and an even better latherer than the "new" hair was. The tradeoff is backbone. But it's still stiffer than any 3-band I've had that has comparable flow-through.

makes me wonder what i have coming? i ordered a 24/51 in 2 band blonde badger, said he was going to send a pic, but never did. i contacted him again, said he'd sent it friday (a week ago) and i never heard back and never got a pic.

yikes...now i'm starting to worry too.

makes me wonder what i have coming? i ordered a 24/51 in 2 band blonde badger, said he was going to send a pic, but never did. i contacted him again, said he'd sent it friday (a week ago) and i never heard back and never got a pic.

yikes...now i'm starting to worry too.

I wouldn't worry - Lee has been totally upstanding with me - he's not the most organized but the brushes always arrive. With respect to the dimensions being accurate, I've ordered custom brushes elsewhere that arrived exactly to spec but didn't function as I had imagined because of all the other factors in a knot that I don't have a grasp of.

When I discuss a brush with Lee, I tell him what diameter and performance characteristics I'm looking for and ask him how big the loft he'd recommend would be for those characteristics. If I'm not happy with the loft, I understand that changing it may make the brush perform differently than I had intended. So far all the brushes I've gotten from Lee perform as I had wanted.

I wouldn't worry - Lee has been totally upstanding with me - he's not the most organized but the brushes always arrive. With respect to the dimensions being accurate, I've ordered custom brushes elsewhere that arrived exactly to spec but didn't function as I had imagined because of all the other factors in a knot that I don't have a grasp of.

When I discuss a brush with Lee, I tell him what diameter and performance characteristics I'm looking for and ask him how big the loft he'd recommend would be for those characteristics. If I'm not happy with the loft, I understand that changing it may make the brush perform differently than I had intended. So far all the brushes I've gotten from Lee perform as I had wanted.

thanks. i think mine showed up at work today, so i'll get it shortly (next couple of day)

the L7 2 band landed today, still not in my hands, but at the office.

here are the pics:

$DSCF1071.jpg$DSCF1072.jpg $DSCF1070.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, Bruce, it looks nice, with taller bulb loft about 55 mm, I guess. My butterscotch is much darker if your photos represent the colours correctly. When I ordered mine, I described what I expected from the brush to Lee, and what knot and loft I had on mind. I suggested a 52 mm bulb loft, he agreed that it's appropriate... and he sent me one with 50 mm hybrid loft. I liked it, and I think that the 52 mm loft I wanted would be a little too much, so I'm happy. I don't know if Lee makes these size changes purposely, or he uses whatever knots he has available. I'm looking forward to reading your opinion on your new brush.

.....but very frustrated with another 55mm knot after reminding Lee it was to be 50mm.

Ok, not trying to start something here but you're paying for this brush. I would make him redo it until he got it just like I ordered it. He'd learn after awhile to read very carefully customers requests. Selling you a brush that he lost all profit on 3,4,5 times over is a lesson you don't need to learn too many times to "get it".

I'd also get him to send you a prepaid shipping package to send it back to him. You shouldn't have to dish out one single cent for his mistake.

Sorry for the little rant, but this type of thing strikes a nerve with me. Completely unacceptable!

I ordered 25 x 50. Looking forward to seeing your pix when it arrives.

Can any one post a link where one can order L7. Thank you.

Or if its only through e-mail PLEASE :a52::ouch1:PM me his e-mail.

Is there an official web-site?

Last edited:
Ok, not trying to start something here but you're paying for this brush. I would make him redo it until he got it just like I ordered it. He'd learn after awhile to read very carefully customers requests. Selling you a brush that he lost all profit on 3,4,5 times over is a lesson you don't need to learn too many times to "get it".

I'd also get him to send you a prepaid shipping package to send it back to him. You shouldn't have to dish out one single cent for his mistake.

Sorry for the little rant, but this type of thing strikes a nerve with me. Completely unacceptable!
That isn't how it works with Lee. He does NOT take custom orders. You ask him what he has in handles and knots, and go from there.
He didn't make a mistake. He put the knot at the loft that he knows it will work best at. His service is top notch. He will take care of ANY issue with the brush in terms of shedding. He's a master at his trade, and is in the position where he can say 'this is what you're getting, if you don't like it, go somewhere else.'

That isn't how it works with Lee. He does NOT take custom orders. You ask him what he has in handles and knots, and go from there.
He didn't make a mistake. He put the knot at the loft that he knows it will work best at. His service is top notch. He will take care of ANY issue with the brush in terms of shedding. He's a master at his trade, and is in the position where he can say 'this is what you're getting, if you don't like it, go somewhere else.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svSGKJFSl-8

TBH, some of the stories here have put me off buying an M&F brush. It would almost be better if he just made up a bunch of brushes and put them up for sale, waited until they sold, then put up some more. Having a brush made to spec seems nice, but if the guy is so overwhelmed with orders maybe he shouldn't attempt to do that.

Thanks for clarifying Jason. I don't want to take away from the main topic of this thread so we'll just leave it at that. :001_smile

+ 1

Top Bottom