Page 102 of 242 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92100101102103104 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 4832

Thread: Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

pm sent to itsmedave.

So I emailed Lee 6 days ago and placed an order for a brush. We sent about 4 emails back and forth that first day and I actually paid for the brush as well. However, since sending payment I have emailed him twice requesting an approximate date of completion and pictures when possible and I have received no response at all. Has anyone else been having trouble contacting him or know if he may have gone out of town? I've only heard such good things about doing business with him, so I am a little surprised about this experience.
    -Joe- Proud Member of The BOTOC
    http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/User:Itaforte

I spoke to lee yesterday. It turns out he did have one last colport blue Lee7 handle. It was a 26mm so, I had no choice on knot diameter. I went with a 26mm x 52mm. I really wanted to do a matching set of colport blue Lee7 and stubby but he said that material is gone. Some good news is that Lee said I can buy and send him an acrylic blank of my choice, under the agreement that if anything happens to it before it is shipped back to me as a brush he is not responsible. I find this acceptable as the blanks are not terribly expensive. I might just send him two identical blanks then if one gets damaged, he has another one to work with. I thought it was nice of him to accomodate this special request. I thought I would share this information with you guys who are looking to get that " special " brush. Below are a couple blanks I'm considering....

Andy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arizona-Jade.jpg   blue acrylic.jpg  
    Last edited by AndyPrice44; 03-18-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by itaforte View Post
    So I emailed Lee 6 days ago and placed an order for a brush. We sent about 4 emails back and forth that first day and I actually paid for the brush as well. However, since sending payment I have emailed him twice requesting an approximate date of completion and pictures when possible and I have received no response at all. Has anyone else been having trouble contacting him or know if he may have gone out of town? I've only heard such good things about doing business with him, so I am a little surprised about this experience.
    Lee seems to run behind at times. I paid for a brush a couple of weeks ago and have heard nothing since. He told me he had what I wanted ready to go and if he shipped it I should have had it. I ordered a brush from Simpsons a few days after I ordered from Lee and that brush arrived in about a week. One time Lee sent a brush to me using a wrong address. Fortunately my carrier knew where it belonged when he saw the box on a shelf in the PO with my name on it. If the brush isn't here tomorrow I will try and contact him to see when/if it has been shipped.
    Al

Images

Quote Originally Posted by AndyPrice44 View Post
    I spoke to lee yesterday. It turns out he did have one last colport blue Lee7 handle. It was a 26mm so, I had no choice on knot diameter. I went with a 26mm x 52mm. I really wanted to do a matching set of colport blue Lee7 and stubby but he said that material is gone. Some good news is that Lee said I can buy and send him an acrylic blank of my choice, under the agreement that if anything happens to it before it is shipped back to me as a brush he is not responsible. I find this acceptable as the blanks are not terribly expensive. I might just send him two identical blanks then if one gets damaged, he has another one to work with. I thought it was nice of him to accomodate this special request. I thought I would share this information with you guys who are looking to get that " special " brush. Below are a couple blanks I'm considering....

Andy
    Andy-

Both are quite handsome materials. I think either color would make a great looking pair. If pressed to select, I'd choose the upper one. I like the faux gold veining in it.
    Regards,
    MaxP

Andy,
    My 26mm knot and Lee7 handle from Lee was not as big as I was afraid it might be and works well. Those knots are funny things.

Wait about 2 weeks and it will magically appear in the mail. Both times that was my experience with no return e-mails so just enjoy the anticipation and it will be worth the wait.

I have another Lee7 that is a 24mm x 50. It is almost perfect size for me. I'm sure I will like the 26mm as well. I have knots larger than this but they are both stubby or chubby handles and shorter lofts. I think a 26mm x 52mm sounds about right for a longer handle like the lee7

Images

Quote Originally Posted by AndyPrice44 View Post
    I have another Lee7 that is a 24mm x 50. It is almost perfect size for me. I'm sure I will like the 26mm as well. I have knots larger than this but they are both stubby or chubby handles and shorter lofts. I think a 26mm x 52mm sounds about right for a longer handle like the lee7
    glad to hear how much you like your L7 in 24mm. i have a butterscotch L7 in 24mm coming
    All evidence has been buried,
    All tapes have been erased,
    But your footsteps give you away.

the anticipation for this brush is killing me! and you guys aren't helping at all!

Andy,
    All preference but I like the one the right --- the blue and green marbeled together.
    Beer, BBQ, and Brushes --- Life is Good.

thank you for the siggestions guys. I got an e-mail from lee this morning. He said he is working with his supplier to get his hands on some more colport blue. If you guys are wanting a handle in this color he might have some in a couple of weeks. He is not sure if he can get it but, he is working on it.

Images

Joe,

don't worry about it. You money is save and you'll get a custom made brush, someday. I can take some time though but it will arrive. You're not ordering off shelf from a company with 10 people running around in the warehouse getting the orders completed and rushing small packages out the door in no time. I'm not really sure about the scale of operation of Lee and his team (?) but his brushes are top notch and I have never heard anything different. I have an open order with Lee myself .
    Foamy greetings
    Icebear
    BOBN - Founder of the BROTHERHOOD OF BRUSH NERDS

I actually received an email from Lee this morning, and he was very apologetic about the lack of communication. He actually sent the brush out this past Saturday, so I should receive it in the coming week. All you guys are right, and I shouldn't have doubted him. I can't wait for my brush!

Images

Default Here it is

My new 24mm Lee7 next to my grade a silvertip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3549.JPG   DSCN3553.JPG  
    [URL="http://tinyurl.com/pfynmy3"]Sales Thread[/URL] PM me for Custom work [URL="http://tinyurl.com/lxr2nhw"]ETSY[/URL]

Nice lookin brush..... I like the butterscotch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by deruitem View Post
    My new 24mm Lee7 next to my grade a silvertip
    Hoochie Mamma....is that what i have coming to me, YUP!

looks impressive. let us know how it works.
    All evidence has been buried,
    All tapes have been erased,
    But your footsteps give you away.

That butterscotch Lee7 looks fantastic! Let us know your thoughts post use.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandeVT View Post
    Attachment 229075

What have we here?
    What is the size of the knot?
    Beer, BBQ, and Brushes --- Life is Good.

Check out my newest addition
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0149.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	230567