What's new

Gillette 1904 maybe?

Hi guys,

My name is Jared and I have been wet shaving for right around a year, its been good fun. I just joined here to broaden my horizons a little from another forum. I have been meaning to get a DE to use while I learn to sharpen straights and to use when I am in need of a faster shave. That leads to my question.

I don't have a picture because I left the razor at work but my coworker got a DE in a box at an auction he knows I straight razor shave and gave it to me. It has nothing to adjust the blade angle with so I am not sure if it is incomplete or what is going on with it exactly, but I want to buy some blades and try a DE. It came in the dark green colored box that I see when I Google Gillette razors, the head screws directly into the shaft. So I was wondering if it was complete or if I am missing something on the handle it looks complete, but I have never messed with these before.

Thanks
Jared

Welcome Jared. There are a lot of simple DE razors where the head is in two pieces, the blade fits between those, and both screw on to a handle. If you bring the razor home tomorrow and post a picture, there is a good chance that someone here will tell you exactly what you have.

Enjoy the forums!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Welcome Jared. There are a lot of simple DE razors where the head is in two pieces, the blade fits between those, and both screw on to a handle. If you bring the razor home tomorrow and post a picture, there is a good chance that someone here will tell you exactly what you have.

Enjoy the forums!

+1
It's extremely hard to ID without a picture, as there are so many, and everyone has a different way of explaining things.

Top Bottom