What's new

Cheap Light Fragrance Aftershave Splash

I thought I hit a goldmine with superior 70 bay rum. Really good stuff. Too bad it gives SWMBO headaches. She hates the stuff. Matter of fact she doesn't like most of the smells of the soaps/creams/witch hazels etc. that I have. Only soap she likes is the C&E stuff that smells like jalapeños and celery :thumbdown

So I'm looking for a light or no fragrance aftershave splash. Preferably something affordable ($10-15). I've already tried thayer's witch hazel. Anything else I'm missing out on?

Skin Bracer is very inoffensive and full of menthol goodness! It's a sort of light, masculine powder scent that disappears completely from my senses within an hour or so.

Barbasol Brisk and Pacific Rush are both very mild in scent and also pretty high on the menthol scale. The Brisk is more of a old school smell and the Pacific Rush is sort of modern sporty one, but both are light and inoffensive. Dollar General, $1.67 for a 5 oz. bottle.

Barbasol Brisk and Pacific Rush are both very mild in scent and also pretty high on the menthol scale. The Brisk is more of a old school smell and the Pacific Rush is sort of modern sporty one, but both are light and inoffensive. Dollar General, $1.67 for a 5 oz. bottle.

+1

On the Barbasol.

The Pacific Rush is about as inoffensive as it get's. It's a very mild smell that reminds me a little of the smell of mouthwash.

It's got a huge menthol kick, and not a lot in the way of staying power. The smell is gone in less than an hour.

Speick aftershave splash is $15, but you'll need to add shipping to that. The scent is very light and natural, and it's very good for your face too!

Speick aftershave splash is $15, but you'll need to add shipping to that. The scent is very light and natural, and it's very good for your face too!

+1 for Speick, but I cut it with Thayers Cucumber and that puts it even more in the background. That way I can still enjoy it while it's pretty unobtrusive to others :thumbup: It also has the added benefit of making the bottle last longer:thumbup1:
-Fritz

On me the Supeior 70 fades pretty fast, the smell doesn't hang around long at all.

Agree, you might want to try Pacific Rush which you can get at Dollar General.

Break the problem up.
Let a good cologne/parfum that has the approval of your wife take care of the scent and delegate the rest (skin treatment) to a splash.

I have several AS but only one I can use together with most of my colognes without clashing too much and this is Speick.

But last week I bought a bottle of very cheap Eau de Cologne for less than €2 (1 liter).
It doesn't say on the bottle what it is for but I assume it is to be normally used as a hair lotion because it is light.
It has simple ingredients (50% alcohol, water, PEG-40 oil and a parfum) which is actually the basis of every AS.
I added some glycerin, aloe vera and sorbitol which I add to all my AS I buy.
I also added menthol crystals this time and the result is a lime ice menthol kick (smells like Vicks lime mints when you have a cold) which treats my face really good and the scent is gone within 15 minutes.
Exactly what I want when wearing a cologne.

Top Bottom