What's new

Face adjustment period?

So I have been shaving (or attempting) with a straight this past week. That technique is going to take some time- that much I can tell. This morning, though, I didn't have time to use the straight - so I used my DE. And something remarkable happened. I could do three passes - BBS - not a hint of irritation.

Is this normal?!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Yes. Straight shaving takes a lot of practice. It took me ~75 shaves to achieve something between DFS and BBS with a straight razor.

My question is this though- before I started with the straight- the third pass wasn't an option for me as I felt irritation start- however, after going at it with a straight all week - the DE was like butter. Soft silky smooth and no irritation. Is that just my face toughening up from the straight?

i would say you, like I recently experienced, have probably gained a better appreciation for the light touch and angles via straight use that transferred to DE.

Been shaving with a DE for a week now and my face just can't handle the 3 pass, but noticing that my face is adjusting.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
My question is this though- before I started with the straight- the third pass wasn't an option for me as I felt irritation start- however, after going at it with a straight all week - the DE was like butter. Soft silky smooth and no irritation. Is that just my face toughening up from the straight?

It could be that you are more careful now.

Top Bottom