What's new

Post Your Pics: William Greaves Razors

Well I just snagged this bad boy from eBay. I've been looking for a Greaves pre-sheaf works. Based on Mikes history lesson from above this one should be pre-1823, possible sometime between 1817-1823 maybe as Greaves brought his sons into business at the prior date and they moved to Sheafworks after 1823.

I'm really torn on this one. The restorer in me want to unpin and clean up this razor to a satin finish. The history of the razor though says I should just hone it up and use to preserve the beautiful patina. Decisions, decisions... .

proxy.php

proxy.php

I'm gonna get me a Greaves when I grow up.
And after I get my two 7/8 Jacksons and 8/8 W&B For Barbers Use in scales & regular rotation, plus fill up my depleted Paypal account....given I don't buy too many other awesome razors before that.

Here is the only one that I still own. Its a 7/8 near wedge Greaves and Sons "American Razor". This thing is a silent assassin.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Greaves 9/8 Wedge

proxy.php

This brute is one of my larger razors and the heaviest by a large margin. Merits a little restoration work before it goes into the rotation.
I can hold on to that one for you until you "need" it

I love my Greaves razor :thumbup:

full
Lovely razor

I'm really torn on this one. The restorer in me want to unpin and clean up this razor to a satin finish. The history of the razor though says I should just hone it up and use to preserve the beautiful patina. Decisions, decisions... .

proxy.php

proxy.php
That razor has some tales to tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the only one that I still own. Its a 7/8 near wedge Greaves and Sons "American Razor". This thing is a silent assassin.

I know I'm biased because I'm the one that did it, but that's still one of my all time favorite scale jobs...

I have a soft spot for Greaves razors. Ironically - I only have two of them. Here they are; a cased,engraved, and numbered set in Ivory.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom