What's new

lower neck

Ok I love my DE razor! However, I am finding my lower neck area hard to get a smooth comfortable shave. I have just tried using a feather blade. It was a little better but its still a little rough and irritated... I go 1 x WTG and 1 x ATG. The rest of my face is as smooth as it can get.

Looking for suggestions on how to handle my lower neck area????

Thanks!

--pc

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I would do a pass XTG before going ATG.

also, make sure that you are going WTG on the first try and not ATG. The whiskers on the neck are often going in different directions.

Take a look at Mantic's advanced shave techniques. Look close at the J-hook, and the Gillette slide. Don't be afraid to try these out as they work great. :w00t: :thumbup:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Keep in mind after you have done your cheeks . . . that your neck is at a whole other angle. Keep the angle low. Lightness of touch is also important.

Good luck

The biggest difference for me has been finding my favorite blade. I don't know if you've tried a blade sample pack, if you haven't I highly recommend it. Not all blades are created equal. For me finding the right blade was more important than finding the right razor.

I would do a pass XTG before going ATG.

also, make sure that you are going WTG on the first try and not ATG. The whiskers on the neck are often going in different directions.

+1 or even 2 xtg in both directions!

Take a look at Mantic's advanced shave techniques. Look close at the J-hook, and the Gillette slide. Don't be afraid to try these out as they work great. :w00t: :thumbup:

+1 The Gillette Slide is what I use on the majority of my neck!

I find that my neck hair grows in several different directions. When I am going N to S on one side it is actually against the grain. on the other side it is across the grain. I had to get out of the mind set that I always had to have an absolute smooth shave (BBS). This alone solved almost all my shaving problems.

...I had to get out of the mind set that I always had to have an absolute smooth shave (BBS). This alone solved almost all my shaving problems.
That helped me as well when learning to properly shave with a DE razor.
I do not worry about BBS anymore.
I aim for DFS or CES and my face is much happier.
As a result, I get smoother shaves than if I TRY to get a BBS, go figure. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom