What's new

Pics of your razors.

Hi all,

I wanted to make a thread where everyone could post pictures of your razors. Past and present. Post your favorite shavers or maybe just your favorite lookers. Lets see them!!

I'll start off with a few of my daily shavers. I've posted a few of these before but at least now I can keep them in one place.

Here is one of my favorites.

5/8 Wade & Butcher barber's notch

proxy.php

proxy.php

Didn't I sell you that Revisor? :tongue_sm That was my biggest, and only regret in my wet shaving career letting go of that one. I hope you are enjoying it as much as I did!

This is my main shaver, and one that shaves so well it deserves better scales. In fact, I've never shaved with a razor that worked better than this one. I'm currently trying to get this one in horn;
13/16 NOS P. Hospital Le Grelot
proxy.php

This is another favorite. Purchased from Jens, this is an excellent 6/8 Erik Anton Berg frameback.
proxy.php

Last, and certainly not least, is the Toyo 6/8 "T. The Scheon Berg" razor. Nice Japanese razor purchased not too long ago from JeffE.
proxy.php

I have a few more straights than this, but these are my lookers!

Hi Thanks. You did sell me that Revisor! Its definitely of my favorites and hopefully you can feel glad that it went to a good home! I hope that helps dull the regret :(

Those are some nice ones you've got there!

Loving the LeGrelot. I got one from a fellow member here at B&B without a set of scales. So the day it came in I hastily made up a pair, since I didn't have anything exotic I made a quick prototype pair out of Oak. Once I get some nice Horn I think I'll make up a pair similar to the wooden ones on it right now.

Its a 6/8 and an outstanding shaver, probably one of my finest functionality wise.

proxy.php

And while we're on a french theme.

Vintage Thiers Issard 5/8 "La Fance Cutlery"

proxy.php

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Those pictures are a tiny bit large...

Hope you're not getting sick of me yet. I was bored tonight and had an itch to use my camera! Unfortunately these ones turned out a bit under exposed and I didn't feel like re-taking them.

This is a wonderful 5/8 Electric razor.

proxy.php

My most recent addition.

5/8 Ludo round point Red Imp. It was NOS until about 3 shaves ago :) This baby rivals my LeGrelot in terms of shave performance. Absolute stunner.

proxy.php

Wostenholm 5/8 Peerless

proxy.php

15/16" F.W. Engels "Perfection"

proxy.php

Vintage 7/8 J.A. Henckles Friodur

proxy.php

Last edited:
Here is my modest collection so far. Top left, my Boker, top right a Lovell from Larry which has held a great edge. Needing only one touch up on my barber hone since I got it. Bottom left Frederick Reynolds, bottom right a Clean Shaver with bone scales.

proxy.php

This is my newest pick up, a Simmons Hardware made in Germany.

proxy.php

Here is my modest collection so far. Top left, my Boker, top right a Lovell from Larry which has held a great edge. Needing only one touch up on my barber hone since I got it. Bottom left Frederick Reynolds, bottom right a Clean Shaver with bone scales.

This is my newest pick up, a Simmons Hardware made in Germany.

Very nice! I especially like the Simmons and that Boker is gorgeous!

lets just say...better than every filarmonica that I've had my hands on.... :thumbup: The blade can hold an entire pass worth of lather too. haha. (its nearly 10/8) definitely owner for life.... :001_cool:

Another French razor:

R.P. & Co No 70
Le Vulcain Supérieur

It is 7/8 at the toe and 6/8 at the heel & a little character patina. I have to say the French made some amazing shaving razors.

proxy.php

lets just say...better than every filarmonica that I've had my hands on.... :thumbup: The blade can hold an entire pass worth of lather too. haha. (its nearly 10/8) definitely owner for life.... :001_cool:
I remember when you posted pics of it "before" it looked so imtimidating & beautiful at the same time.
And it still does, only in a more classy way :thumbup1:

Well... here's my entire collection, two years in the making. A lot of razors were bought and sold to get to this point. Occasionally something comes around that I must have, but overall I've really slowed down with the RAD.

Any questions, let me know. :thumbup1:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom