What's new

Why wear a rotation of colognes ?

It's certainly not necessary to have a rotation of frags. I just think many of us who frequent this section of the forum have a like for variety in our scents.

There is certainly something to be said for someone who smells consistently of the same scent. There are women I know who only ever wear one perfume and they drive me crazy. I went through phases in the 80s where I would buy one bottle, use it till it was gone and then buy another one. Or, shift to something else.

People who are around me often are aware I usually smell pretty good. I'm sure they find some of my scents great and some horrible. It's going to vary.
If you only ever wear one scent, there will indeed be some people who like it and come to identify it with you. But there will also be some who don't like it.

Ultimately, a lot of us just like scents like a hobby...same as shaving.

There are no rules and there isn't a "right" way to be with colognes.

Last edited:
+1 StylinLA

I've got into collecting vintage as well as new colognes and it's very pleasing to select a cologne for that particular mood I'm in that day.

Lot's of good advice here. Wear scents to match moods and occasions. Those you really love will stay with you for a lifetime and there will be many more that you will try and pass on.

I am in my forties. Some of my most treasured scents are those that I wore when I was younger. I love them because as soon as I smell them, I remember a time and a place of many years ago. The association is even stronger that would be a video of the same. Memories are vividly encapsulated in scent; the real magic of the art of the perfumer.

I try to match colognes with the occasion, if possible.

The biggest reason I mix things up is because whenever I have worn the same cologne for an extended period of time, I start not being able to enjoy the scent myself, as I have grown used to it as it "fades" into the background.

I hope some of that made sense. :blushing:

Dave

I change seasonally or sometimes with mood and yes it made sense :thumbup:

+2

Today is my administrative day. No meetings with clients and no interaction with staff. I am working out of my home. On these days, I still use a cologne I like.

+3 Lots of good comments in this thread. I like variety. There's a lot to like about lots of different scents. No scent can be everything. Just as folks say about food.

I also like to match scents to mood, season, task, etc.

Top Bottom