What's new

Jeans shopping in NYC

Hi All,

There's a slight chance that I'll be in midtown (NYC) sometime next week and may have some time to do some shopping. I'm looking for a good place to buy jeans... the more "fashionable"/ current styles without (hopefully) spending an arm and a leg. I think I'm most interested in 7 for all Mankind, but would probably want to go someplace where I can see/try on different brands/fits, etc.

Any recommendations/suggestions?

I've been having a problem with a coat I bought at a Lord and Taylor out of state and one of the guys at the L&T at 39th and 5th has been extremely helpful. I don't know how knowledgeable about jeans he is, but I'd give him an A for customer service. I don't know if he's an example of the staff there, or an aberration, but I've been pleased.

The Macy's on 34th is the Alpha department store - biggest in the world, most famous, etc. I would imagine that the sales staff there have to be pretty devoted.

I've found that most of the big NYC department stores have very knowledgeable sales staff. I usually buy my jeans at either the Bloomingdale's in Soho, or Barney's Coop. Since you'll be in midtown, I'd recommend checking out the Bloomingdale's at 59th & Lex.

I ended up with a pair of Diesel's from the Diesel store near Bloomingdales. Macy's didn't carry 7s in the store and was jam packed. So was Bloomies which didn't have my size in anything.

Top Bottom