What's new

Laser out lower neck hair

Hello.

Although I have followed almost every advice given on the subject, I still have problem with my lower neck hair.

I have very thick beard, combined with sensitive skin and obliged to wear shirt with tie in the office during the winter. All these give me irritation, something like small red spots.

The only solution that works out is to apply a couple of drops of NeoMedrol acne lotion after every shave.

However I am wondering if I can laser out my lower neck hair. I do not know if the laser will be effective on thick hair that I shave for years now. I mean I have laser the hair in my back to an acceptable point but I never shaved these hair and they were much less thicker than the hair on my lower neck, which are sparse but thick.

Has anyone tried it? Is it possible?

Thanks.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

I think some use talc powder where a shirt rubs to help the sensitive skin.

I looked into it. Very possible that some skin discoloration can occur and some blotchyness. But if it's killing you then do whatever it takes. Nothing is worth a lifetime of discomfort.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Thanks for the welcome and the reply. I guess you haven't heard anything about laser out these hairs...

I did not really looked into it, no. I do not have any issues like that either.

Luc thanks.

Optionyout, so it is possible to "kill" thick neck hair shaved for many years with laser? If its possible, I was thinking to laser and some hair in the upper chick

You can laser the hairs. You'll need to nuke them a couple times to get rid of them, but yes it is possible.

Yes you can, but after 2 days post treatment. So shave pre treatment then 2-3 days post. Shaving too soon will cause ingrown hairs.

Top Bottom