What's new

Gillette Nacet-surprise

I have now shaved 2 days in a row with a Gillette Nacet blade. Surprisingly nice. Initially I loaded it in my Progress. After one pass on the cheek, it did not feel right, and I switched it over to my 40's superspeed. Amazing difference. This turned out to be a moderately sharp blade, but with great smoothness. I have not been able to find them in bulk packs, which keeps me from stocking up. I will buy another 20 or so in 5 packs to keep them around for a change of pace. If you are buying from a vendor that has them a 5 pack may be an interesting experience.

I have now shaved 2 days in a row with a Gillette Nacet blade. Surprisingly nice. Initially I loaded it in my Progress. After one pass on the cheek, it did not feel right, and I switched it over to my 40's superspeed. Amazing difference. This turned out to be a moderately sharp blade, but with great smoothness. I have not been able to find them in bulk packs, which keeps me from stocking up. I will buy another 20 or so in 5 packs to keep them around for a change of pace. If you are buying from a vendor that has them a 5 pack may be an interesting experience.

I believe Jason (dr.idiot) here on B & B had them "in bulk".

Hey, Moe! How ya been? :001_cool:

I like those Nacet blades from St. Petersburg. I hear there's another version of them, made in Asia. In either case, I like 'em. I have a few more waiting their turn in my Box O' Blades. Smooth, sharp; a WIN! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Have the Nacet in my razor this morning. Bought 100 from Dr. Idiot as a potential back up to the Super Iridium. Will post after a couple of shaves with the blade.

Thanks for the above comments guys. I just got a quote from our own Dridiot, and I plan on buying a 150 of them. They are a perfect match for the superspeed, and I still have to try them in my red tip.

The nacet are my favorite razor blades. Goods to show that the popular blades might not always be the best for your face.

I have a small stock of these blades, i find them to be smooth and sharp and pop one in a SuperSpeed now and again.

Nice BBS shave today with the Nacet. Good blade. Highly recommend.

The thing I like in particular about the Nacet Platinum is that they are very consistent. There are blades that are sharper and blades that are smoother, not that the Nacet is lacking on either count, but they wear very evenly. Some blades start off well but degrade very quickly, or stay sharp but lose their smoothness and irritate the skin. Neither is a problem with the Nacet.

Second shave with the Gillette Nacet. Better than the first. Smooth as silk. Sharp. BBS with no effort. May be my Super Iridium replacement.

Top Bottom