What's new

Omega Trods upon Cella? Really?...

I burned through most of my Conk's Bay Rum, and the only cream I have tried is AOS Lavender, being a soap-man and all.
The Cella does have a nice lather, a good smell, and makes for a superior shave.
But...
The Omega beats it in all categories, no joke.
I found the Omega puts up an almost instant lather that is very luxurious. I am not a methodical super-ritualistic shave worship kind of guy, so the fact I can whip up a great lather in literally 1/4 the time appeals to me.
Also, it is a very slick, buffering type of coating that clings to the skin well.
I prefer to touch up with a fair amount of blade-buffing, and the consistency is perfect for that, and really matched well with my Cooncat NEW.
It also makes a hell of a super-lather with a little soap, glycerin, and aloe.
So, OMEGA...the bomb.
Brent.

Yep...Omega/Proraso/CO Bigelow is great stuff....it does contain Sodium Laurel Sulfate, which is mostly why it lathers so quickly.

A case of YMMV. I had Omega soap at one point and remember being underwhelmed and selling it off. Cella, on the other hand, is one of my favorites and always has a place in my den.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Omega/Proraso are excellent under every aspect. They are slick, moisturizing, cushioning and give a truly terrific shave. But, with all due respect, Cella is just a superior product. Please take in consideration that Cella has been produced since 1899 and, unlike Omega/Proraso, it's still made in the ancient way, as over a century ago: no preservatives, no paraben agents and no chemicals. The lather it produces is simply outstanding and the shave it offers is one of the very best in the World. This is the general consensus here in Italy among Italian Master Barbers and most experienced wet shavers.

So... why would when it was produced factor into a judgment concerning its efficacy for shaving? Equally, why would whether it's got preservatives or not factor into said judgment? If it works better for him, it works better for him.

The OP had me going until he mentioned that he could whip up a lather with Omega in a quarter of the time it took him with Cella. That is a rather puzzling discrepancy which to me suggests something wonky in the entire procedure. FWIW, I couldn't stand the menthol in Omega so I ditched the tube.

I burned through most of my Conk's Bay Rum, and the only cream I have tried is AOS Lavender, being a soap-man and all.
The Cella does have a nice lather, a good smell, and makes for a superior shave.
But...
The Omega beats it in all categories, no joke.
I found the Omega puts up an almost instant lather that is very luxurious. I am not a methodical super-ritualistic shave worship kind of guy, so the fact I can whip up a great lather in literally 1/4 the time appeals to me.
Also, it is a very slick, buffering type of coating that clings to the skin well.
I prefer to touch up with a fair amount of blade-buffing, and the consistency is perfect for that, and really matched well with my Cooncat NEW.
It also makes a hell of a super-lather with a little soap, glycerin, and aloe.
So, OMEGA...the bomb.
Brent.

Great review, this is how I find it too. I cant get glide & protection from Cella. I passed it along to my Brother-In -Law who is just starting into wet shaving.

So... why would when it was produced factor into a judgment concerning its efficacy for shaving? Equally, why would whether it's got preservatives or not factor into said judgment? If it works better for him, it works better for him.

I think the point Marco was trying to make is that Cella is an old-fashioned, natural soap, while Omega has help from modern chemical lathering agents. The latter irritates some people, but if the OP doesn't find that the case, then more power to him.

Top Bottom