What's new

Question for SE users

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I know SE blades are thicker than DE blades, but can one expect to get the same amount of shaves from a GEM SE blade as compared to DE's?

Which is about 4-7 shaves?

You should expect more shaves from an SE blade. But much depends on your expectations. With my normal rotation I use a DE blade for (3) shaves and a SE blade for (4) shaves. I know I could get more shaves out of each of them but I like a sharp blade, so retire them early.

Last summer, on vacation, I wanted to see how far I could go with a SE blade and I went (7) days with it, before I decide to change it. I probably could used it still longer but decide I'd gotten my moneys worth from it.

DD

I found with softened water in the house that I can expect 6-8 shaves from a Gem / Personna blade and some of the other common store imports. I also get about the same with the injector blades in a Schick.
I seem to have a few fewer shaves with most of the DE blades I have tried.
YMMV as to your beard, water, and soap/creame.
Respectfully
~Richard

Assuming good prep with hot towel and good lather, I have no problem getting 20 or 30 shaves with a Gem stainless coated SE blade. I can't really say what I used to get out of a double edge blade but I'm sure it wasn't close to that, likely more like 6 to 8 shaves.

Regards,
Tom

I tend to get around 4 shaves with a DE blade, SE can go 10 easy. I likely could go more with the SE, but don't. I have a crazy OCD thing about not moving blades from one razor to another and I get bored using the same razor for more than ten shaves at a time:out:

Top Bottom