What's new

Bic Chrome Platinum

The Bic Chrome Platinum from Greece is certainly no stranger to the love it or hate it thing around these parts. I am in the love it camp. In fact it may be my favorite blade of all. Just sharp enough for BBS without any noticeable razor burn later. And for me smooth as can be. Have used them in my HD for some time. But tonight tried one in a Muhle R89 and was equally impressed. I am always shocked when I read how much someone hates this blade. But then I am reminded about just how different we all are. Anyone else enjoying the Bics?

The Bic Chrome Platinum from Greece is certainly no stranger to the love it or hate it thing around these parts. I am in the love it camp. In fact it may be my favorite blade of all. Just sharp enough for BBS without any noticeable razor burn later. And for me smooth as can be. Have used them in my HD for some time. But tonight tried one in a Muhle R89 and was equally impressed. I am always shocked when I read how much someone hates this blade. But then I am reminded about just how different we all are. Anyone else enjoying the Bics?

I hear you.. This is definately a YMMV thing. I honestly tried these blades and I just cannot get them to work for me. I have traded some of the Bics I have left for other blades. Still have a few packs laying around. I tried to used them for about month and still no beans. As my technique improved and time moved forward I tried to put the Bics in other razors which I have and still did not work for me.

Bics are my third favorite blades behind Personna RP and Astra SP. They're smoother than Feather, Iridium, Gillette Yellow, Derby, Shark, Merkur, Bolanzo...etc.

Last edited:
One of the best for me. Excellent easy shaves.

I remember being very surprised at this blade. I'm recording results for 38 different sample blades. My notes on this blade:

8/1 - fine, comfortable shave
put into L6 for shave 3 with excellent results
excellent shaves all week - top shelf blade

And that was in my Parker 91R. I've transitioned to a Super Speed, and it might be even better when I get back to it.

One of the most frustrating parts of starting DE shaving is that each new blade is just a roll of the dice. I rolled the dice with the Bics a couple weeks ago and hit it big. They worked great for me.

I ordered some of these from dridiot today as well as some Astra SP's from connaught. I like sharp blades in mild razors, so looking forward to seeing how these two compare.

I tried some recently and thought they were surprisingly good. I thought they were better than Bolzano and Souplex, to be sure. Slightly better than Gillette Super Thins.

I just ordered 10 of them from Aneurysm so I can give them a longer trial before I decide if these might be my go-to blade.

Top Bottom