What's new

Recommend me something like GIT

Garrigue by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier is similar to me, mainly in the top notes. I like them both very much.

If you love GIT, you should get GIT.

But Cool Water is always noted as being quite similar (and substantially cheaper).

It is alleged with some degree of possible truth that Cool Water was created by the same perfumer that did GIT.

I like GIT and Cool Water and after reading some reviews I got some Lomani, you may want to check it out too. Its priced very resonably and the scent has quite a bit a staying power.

Yeah... mentioned above give Cool Water a try. Its about a 1/4th the price...and very similar.

+1 I also recently tried Eau Fresh by Jacques Bogart, and it was a little like Cool Water, but without the sharpness and acquatic vibe. Very tempted to buy a bottle. Anybody wanna split???:tongue_sm

KNIZE FOREST, even better than GIT, IMHO...

Thanks so much for posting, firetower.

If you are in the States, Knize Forest is going to be a hard one to get, but if you manage it, I would be interested in what you think of the comparison. Roberto Robert has exquisite taste and a refined and precise nose, in my experience, and many folks like Knize Forest a lot. But to me Knize Forest and GIT are not very close, and KF is not a fav of mine. (I seem to smell things in KF that others don't, so it may well be may nose that is at fault!)

Pens English Fern might be one that you would like if you like the "greeness" of GIT. I can see style similarities there with GIT, but more folks seem to to like GIT than EF, so again maybe it is me that is off here.

Otherwise, the suggestions made ahead of me, especially Cool Water, seem dead on!

You'll always get the Cool Water comparison, but no one really wants to be wearing Cool Water. T&H Freshman smells just like it too. That would be another alternative you could look at so you wouldn't have to look down at the floor when someone asked what you are wearing!

I went to Wal-mart, spent $11 on a small Cool Water, and I've been pretty happy with that... no need to look down at the floor

Besides, hardly anyone is wearing Cool Water anymore it seems :001_cool:

I went to Wal-mart, spent $11 on a small Cool Water, and I've been pretty happy with that... no need to look down at the floor

Besides, hardly anyone is wearing Cool Water anymore it seems :001_cool:

+1

If you go on Basenotes, 99% will say GIT is heaven, and Cool Water is crap. I love GIT, and squirted some CW on. To me, they are the same. Maybe it's because I'm not as sophisticated, but I really can't tell the difference.

And I certainly can't see spending 5x-10x more for a scent just in case someone asks what it is. That's silly.

+1

If you go on Basenotes, 99% will say GIT is heaven, and Cool Water is crap. I love GIT, and squirted some CW on. To me, they are the same. Maybe it's because I'm not as sophisticated, but I really can't tell the difference.

And I certainly can't see spending 5x-10x more for a scent just in case someone asks what it is. That's silly.

I have never owned CW but my son wore it. I noticed this scent similar to my GIT when he wore it. CW did not smell cheap it smelled very similar.

Top Bottom