What's new

Applying Splash AS

Hey guys.

I have been applying my splash by pouring some in one hand, putting down the container, then spilling it over into both hands and splashing/rubbing on to my face and head.

I was just curious if anyone here puts there splash in a spray bottle and sprays it directly then rubs it on? I can't think of any reason why that wouldn't be more effective and efficient then the traditional way. I don't think there would be any splash type that would be to thick for a spray bottle, or are there some sort of ingredients that are small enough for me not to see but large enough to block a spray tip.

Would not being sealed airtight cause the scent of an AS to fade prematurely?

I seem to loose more while pouring it into my hand then I actually put on my face.

Try it, and see what it does for you.
I like to "rub" it in a bit, the same way you would use a balm, i think it might be a little more effective, but that's just my opinion.

Try it, and see what it does for you.
I like to "rub" it in a bit, the same way you would use a balm, i think it might be a little more effective, but that's just my opinion.

I do rub it in as well. I just loose half of it before it makes it to my scalp/face and neck.

i've always splashed some on my hands and rubbed them together... i don't think the atomizer is a good idea, atleat for me, i would wind up spraying it directly in my nose or maybe even my eyes or mouth... but if your accuracy is good enough i see no reason why you couldn't try it. i would, however, start with an inexpensive AS. such as ivy club or brut, just incase it doesn't work...

...I was just curious if anyone here puts there splash in a spray bottle and sprays it directly then rubs it on? I can't think of any reason why that wouldn't be more effective and efficient then the traditional way...

This is exactly what I do with just about all of my splashes, and I have seen no difference at all (except for not losing any A/S to "the environment"). I use the small, clear atomizers available at Sally Beauty for about $2 apiece. The only ones that I don't use an atomizer for are the AS's that I use infrequesntly. It has worked well for me.

My technique is to close my eyes and pull my lips in and spray away. That way, no fear of getting it in my eyes or mouth. So far, none has gone anywhere it shouldn't be. BTW, I use this method with my witch hazel as well, and it works there too.

Some of the AS bottles have larger holes and so more pours out than I like. For these, I use an atomizer but I don't spray it directly onto my face. Instead, I spray into my palm the amount I want, rub both hands together then apply to face. Works for me.

Dave

I use this method with my witch hazel as well, and it works there too.

This is exactly what I wanted to use it for. I know thayers is pretty cheap, but I like it and having to put it on my entire head and face is difficult as I've said. I'm going to go ahead and try it, thanks.

IIRC Carven use to have their aftershave in spray bottles similar to their cologne. So I can't imagine their would be an issue other than the afterhsave dissipating in your hands.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm developing an After Shave applicator which uses a high powered misting pump contained within a protective shroud so as to avoid losing a single drop of my 50 cent per ounce AS.

I think people a lot of times use too much product. a little goes a long way.

I dont use an ammount that would allow it to spill out of my hand. Just enough to place it in my palm, put my hands together, then apply. It ain't rocket science.

I've used both methods, the rub on and the spray on. To me it seems six of one, half a dozen of the other. It gets on your face either way, but I will say it seems as if I use less with the spray on application. Not sure whether that is accurate or not however.

Top Bottom