What's new

Vote your favourite Italian soap

Vote your favourite Italian soap

• Cella, Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima

• P.160 (Tipo Duro/Tipo Morbido)

• Valobra, Crema di Sapone Purissima (Almond/Menthol)

• Valobra, Sapone per barba stick

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
As many of you know I have a clear predilection for Italian shaving soaps. And my absolute favourite Italian soap is Cella, Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima. Now I want to know what is your favourite Italian soap. Note that I have listed, in the following poll, the very best shaving soaps of the great Italian barbershop tradition. Cella, P.160 and Valobra (cream soap and stick) are, in fact, universally recognised by Italian Master Barbers and by Italian experienced wet shavers as the finest shaving soaps ever produced in Italy. Gentlemen please vote and comment your choice.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I voted P. 160 Morbido. I love the stuff so much that I have 5kg of the stuff. Should last me the rest of my days :)

Gosh Marco it's like asking which kid I like the best.

I have to go with Valobra stick (milled)

Edit: my oldest is also my favorite right now because he's a little better at pulling weeds in the garden:lol:

No Proraso??? I'm shocked, and a little disappointed as i cant vote now because I have not tried any of these :001_huh: Although I like almond scented soaps (the ubiquitous Italian scent), the sent is a little to sweet for me to use consistently.

Great thread all the same! Maybe I'll pick up a puck of the winner.

Didn't I already comment at your poll-less question this morning? :001_rolle

I use and like both Cella and P.160 Duro. I like the P.160 a little better and am not very happy with Elberel's decission to stop making it.

Voted for Cella. I have only tried Cella and the Valobra stick but both are outstanding products.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I would pick Proraso but since there isn't any, Cella is second!

I'm a Cella fella :001_smile. A Valobra stick for travelling but prefer Cella by far. I'd be happy only using that for the rest of my days!!

So where's everyone getting the P160? And what's the difference between Tipo Duro and Tipo Morbido?

Never tried the tipo duro, but I understand it smells almondy, but more strongly than cella. Tipo morbido smells of almonds and cherries! Here's a link to a thread on where to get some tipo morbido. Its disappearing fast!

Cella for sure. Just received my 1000 gram brick. Looking forward to many wonderful shaves from this soap.

Top Bottom