What's new

newbie from Canada

Hey there! So I've been shaving for years with regular foam compressed in a can and my mach 3. Just recently a friend of mine was talking about wet shaving and such and it peaked my interest. Now I remember my dad having a brush and bowl and some soaps but I never really knew what they were for because I never saw him use them he always used foam from the can like me. But after a little internets researching(this site came up alot) I went to the local walmart and got me a cheap brush and soap made by Wilkinson Sword. Might have set me back $8 or so and I haven't picked up the can since. After lots of experimenting and you tube video's and reading I think I am starting to get the hang of making lather(just last week I managed to use my face to build lather) I've decided to expand my wet shaving experience and order myself a Safety Razor and some better quality shaving products(also because apparently Wilkinson Sword soap is hellish to build lather from and if there is better out there, I want it.) So last night I found myself spending $150 ordering stuff off Fendrihan.com and got my self a Merkur 38C, some blade sample pack, some Tabac soap, and a el cheapo badger brush. Now it's just a matter of waiting for that in the mail and once it all gets here you can probably expect a flood of questions from me.

I should also mention even with the products I have right now, my shave with wet shaving is so much closer and smoother that I've cut back from shaving daily to once every 2-3 days.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Welcome from a fellow Canuck!

What blade sampler pack did you get from Alfred? Let me know and I'll fire you off a few different blades as well.

Welcome from a fellow Canuck!

What blade sampler pack did you get from Alfred? Let me know and I'll fire you off a few different blades as well.

I just grabbed the "Razor Blades Sampler: Lord, Derby and Astra"

Figured I'd give that a go and probably order another sampler that contains whatever is my fav of the 3 next time.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
If you want, I can send you a homemade sampler with 2-3 each of:
- Treet
- Precision (aka. Personna)
- Gillette 7 o'clock
- Wilkinson
- Merkur
- Feather (yellow)

That should save you some bucks and give you a better idea on what's available at Fendrihan's (which is where I order from as well) in time to let Santa know what to bring you. :001_rolle If interested, PM your info and I will drop something in the mailbox.

Once you get some posts under your belt here (40+? ), you can contact Alfred before you order, provide your B&B ID, and he will give you a discount code to use for 10% off. I've found if I order the the morning, he's so fast that Canada Post often delivers the next day to me! (But I just live across town).

If you want, I can send you a homemade sampler with 2-3 each of:
- Treet
- Precision (aka. Personna)
- Gillette 7 o'clock
- Wilkinson
- Merkur
- Feather (yellow)

That should save you some bucks and give you a better idea on what's available at Fendrihan's (which is where I order from as well) in time to let Santa know what to bring you. :001_rolle If interested, PM your info and I will drop something in the mailbox.

Once you get some posts under your belt here (40+? ), you can contact Alfred before you order, provide your B&B ID, and he will give you a discount code to use for 10% off. I've found if I order the the morning, he's so fast that Canada Post often delivers the next day to me! (But I just live across town).

That would be awesome! I'll send you my info.

Welcome to the fold :thumbup1:. That is a very good start. I think the 38C is a slant...if so, be careful...Those things are aggressive shavers.

Okay phew. I read something on here that the HD was awesome but the handle was kinda short so I opted for the longer handle.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Care pack made and will be sent this morning!

Add an "e" to your last name and that's mine, Too funny :biggrin1:

Welcome..........you sound much like MY friend that just started wet shaving.
Lets find out....... did you break my old spice mug?

Haha no. However I see you're from Calgary, I am from Red Deer.
Hahaha, I could have SWORN you were my buddy from Calgary. If he was about to join he would have started the same thread and could have EASILY had that screen name.
Nice to see another Canuck on the site. Us albertans have a strong showing here at B&B.
Best of luck with your purchases. YOu have come to the right place to expand your new hobby. We're all just as into shaving as you, if not more so feel free to speak up.

Top Bottom