What's new

Wonderful Spam...Glorious Spam!

proxy.php

I love the stuff. I had some today. My father cuts it up into little cubes and puts in his homemade pea soup.

I also like spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam and spam.

I grill it till it's a bit crispy and incorporete it into a grilled cheese sandwich with sharp cheddar black pepper and a touch of Guldens mustard

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
There have been trips to places on this earth where, were it not for Spam, I wouldn't be posting here today but dead of starvation.
Yes, I'll admit it - Spam saved my life.

:lol:

I still don't understand how it ever was considered a good idea.

"I know, let's cut a chunk off of that creature over there!"

"..why?"

"I don't know.. but, ooh! we can grind it up and stick it in a can!"

"..what the heck?"

"Yeah, you know, we'll season it, add too much salt, and some poor soul will believe that it's actually edible, nay, nutritious! We'll make a fortune!"

"..well, I do believe the old saying that there is a sucker born every minute. I'm in."

"GREAT! Wait.. what do we call it?"

"This reminds me of those terrible unwanted unsolicited emails I get.. let's name it after those. Let's call it Spam."

"Love it! To the time machine!"

I imagine it probably went something like that. It's definitely best left on the shelf.

WOW. That sounds amazing! All cooked in a cast iron skillet I hope!

Had some spam, spam, spam, spam and eggs this morning. Fried it up in one of my 50+ year old cast iron fry pans using Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Tasted better than bacon!

Seeing how spam goes with many things I "pushed the envelope".

Spam just seem to compliment everything from cigars to lathering.:biggrin1:

Had some spam, spam, spam, spam and eggs this morning. Fried it up in one of my 50+ year old cast iron fry pans using Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Tasted better than bacon!

Seeing how spam goes with many things I "pushed the envelope".

Spam just seem to compliment everything from cigars to lathering.:biggrin1:

+1 Nice!

Cast iron pannini pan of course gets those nice lines on it and of course I butter the bread's frying surface as well

I still don't understand how it ever was considered a good idea.

"I know, let's cut a chunk off of that creature over there!"

"..why?"

"I don't know.. but, ooh! we can grind it up and stick it in a can!"

"..what the heck?"

"Yeah, you know, we'll season it, add too much salt, and some poor soul will believe that it's actually edible, nay, nutritious! We'll make a fortune!"

"..well, I do believe the old saying that there is a sucker born every minute. I'm in."

"GREAT! Wait.. what do we call it?"

"This reminds me of those terrible unwanted unsolicited emails I get.. let's name it after those. Let's call it Spam."

"Love it! To the time machine!"

I imagine it probably went something like that. It's definitely best left on the shelf.

Spam (as in the email) was named after Spam (as in the pretend meat). Both are best avoided. If you happen to get either by accident, draaging them immediately to the nearest trash can is highly recomended. Never ever open them under any circumstance no matter how tempting it's made out to be - IT'S A TRAP!!!

Top Bottom