What's new

Props to VDH

My first experience with VDH....not so good because I thought the smell was a little off. That was back in April when I started wetshaving.

Picked up a puck of this over the weekend and gave it a whirl and man this stuff is good! Smell didn't seem as bad as the first time I smelled....it has more a powdery smell than I remember. Formula change maybe?

Anyway..VDH surprised me this week and it might surprise you too if you have been avoiding it.

I agree VDH is a great soap at a very low price. It's what I started with, but I have so many great soaps now that the VDH is often over looked.

I agree VDH is a great soap at a very low price. It's what I started with, but I have so many great soaps now that the VDH is often over looked.

Pretty much the same for me. VDH, and C.O. Bigelow were what I started with.

With such a huge collection of soap, and creams my VDH seldom gets any usage these days.

It's not that it's bad, there are just other soaps I own that have far more interesting scents. :tongue_sm

Pretty much the same for me. VDH, and C.O. Bigelow were what I started with.

With such a huge collection of soap, and creams my VDH seldom gets any usage these days.

It's not that it's bad, there are just other soaps I own that have far more interesting scents. :tongue_sm

What...no more Wednesday low cost shave days with Van Der Spice?

Was it the same line of VDH both times? I know they have deluxe and select, and one is supposed to be better than the other.

+1 to the above. I tried the VDH Deluxe - good soap and good shave, but I cannot say that I cared for the smell. I have heard the select smells better, but the deluxe smelled like the hand soap in a gas station bathroom. At least it did to me; if others find they do not have the same impressions than more power to them! It is a good performing soap.

+1 to the above. I tried the VDH Deluxe - good soap and good shave, but I cannot say that I cared for the smell. I have heard the select smells better, but the deluxe smelled like the hand soap in a gas station bathroom. At least it did to me; if others find they do not have the same impressions than more power to them! It is a good performing soap.

I noticed the same thing with the soap but I like that nice clean smell. I love the soap. Good lathers and great on the skin! A million times better than the canned goo.

same here. once I got a handful of tallow soaps I find it hard to go back to the VDH. If I use a melt and pour soap it is usually a Mama Bear's.

I normally super lather with VDH Deluxe and a cream of the day. However, this morning I decided to try shaving with my Van Der Bay Rum by itself. I was really impressed how it performed by itself. Really good stuff.

W

wapper777william

Using VDH and Biglow to creat a super lather suits me just fine.:001_rolle:thumbup:

+1 on the positive comments. VDH with a shot of Cremo for added glide is a great performer for me. Alas, as I have since acquired a few soaps that are better, it has been relegated to being used once or twice a month. For the money, it's a fine performer, and stands up well against some higher priced soaps.

Well actually the VDH did surprise me. Some established members rated it (far) above Williams so after my pleasant surprise with that one I was happy and ready to go on my VDH tour.......

:glare:

I thought I was done with baby-care products and then this shows up. It is not bad but a far cry from what I call a shave soap.

same here. once I got a handful of tallow soaps I find it hard to go back to the VDH.

When I started out I got a whole bunch of VDH. I made Van der Brut, Aqua Velva, and spice. They all smell nice, and I know I can get great lather and a shave from it, but the Cella has its hooks in me! I can't put the red tub down!

Top Bottom