What's new

Shaved my goatee, now I always cut my chin and mustache area.

Shaved my goatee, now I always cut my chin and mustache area. I have tried different techniques and light pressure, but I still cut my chin and mustache area.

Any ideas?

Depending on how long you had the goatee it may just be sensitive skin. Depending on the razor I use a diagonal and then sideways vs coming straight down. Hope that helps.

Jay

stretching/flattening those areas can be tricky. the O face works as well as pulling your bottom lip over your teeth.. I think Mantic also posted a vid for shaving the upper lip in another forum a few days ago

Had it for 10 + years. Always kept it neat, just looking for a new look. Don't mind the shaving, just my face looks like a battlefield. I also use the proraso shaving cream, but still, cuts persist every day. I do have sensitive skin I am told already.

Try applying a bit of good ole olive oil to your face before going to town with the brush and blade. I don't know if I have "textured" skin, but I always seem to get nicks in the same areas. The olive oil has completely remedied this. I've even gone as far as to add some essential oils as well.

Aaron

You probably just need more practice on those areas since you aren't used to shaving them. That's the case for me, I shaved mine off for a short period of time and I didn't get very good shaves on my chin and upper lip.

Top Bottom