What's new

Yardley bath soap and Lightfoot shaving soap experiment

So, I got bored and I love the scent of the Dollar Tree Yardley of London English lavender bath soap. I kept thinking, 'Can't I combine this with a shaving soap?' I read somewhere here that someone had milled it with some VDH and someone else had milled together Williams with Yardley Lemon Vebena. I thought, 'Well, I have a puck of Lightfoot with its pine scent... Pine and lavender would be quite refreshing.'' So...I combined them. I grated about half a bar of the Yardley and maybe 60% of a puck of the Lightfoot and mixed them and them mashed them into an empty Wilkinson Sword soap bowl (I wet the soap shavings before I pressed down with some cling film over it). The scent is nice, I do have to soak the soap in hot water before I use it (but I got a good lather from Lightfoot the same way, soaking while I was showering).

I did a test lather and it is a little water hungry but once I get it started the lather is rich, creamy, and doesn't dry out my face too much. I also got decent cushion and it lathers well with my old Kent pure bristle brush. I think it was 55-60% Lightfoot with 45-40% Yardley's.

Top Bottom