What's new

Which way do you swirl your brush while loading it? Clockwise or counter-clockwise?

Which way do you swirl your brush? Clockwise or counter-clockwise?

• Clockwise

• Counter-clockwise

• I'm not sure. I don't pay attention.

• Art swirls in all directions simultaneously

Results are only viewable after voting.
I also clicked the link about Toyota Corolla!

Another lefty here, another counter clockwise swirler. Going clockwise doesn't feel right, like writing with my right hand. So I swirl, pump, and swirl some more.

How come no option for digital-clockwise? I guess it wouldn't really be a swirl...more of an on-and-off motion? :tongue_sm

I press down then turn clockwise then counter clockwise, and then once more for four turns to load my Omega 6215 large brush on my Mama Bear soap. I decided to do this when I was getting crappy lathers and I wanted to do better.

I just hold my brush in the tub and wait while the world revolves around me.
All joking aside, that's pretty much exactly how 14-year-old girls begin their very first shave.

As for me, another lefty and another counter-clockwise swirler. I occasionally try to throw a couple of clockwise swirls in there, but mostly I just get dizzy when I do that. Unless I close one eye.:blush:

Only relative to the brush. If you consider the turntable's point of view the brush is rotating anticlockwise. Isn't this fun?

If you look at the turntable from head on, then you see that it is going from right to left. So it is following the rotation of the Earth as long as we accept that the North Pole is up.

For the record, I didn't vote because I swirl across the puck. This way loads both sides of the brush and reduces spinning of a loose puck in an overlarge container (as the actress said to the bishop...)
Ah! another M stroker as I posted about earlier!

Dang it all! It occurs to me that there should be pucks optimized for the swirling direction that one prefers.

Last edited:
Dang it all! It occurs to me that there should be pucks optimized for the swirling direction that one prefers.

proxy.php

Left and right handed serrated flange locking pucks?

Count me in! :tongue_sm

If you look at the turntable from head on, then you see that it is going from right to left. So it is following the rotation of the Earth as long as we accept that the North Pole is up.

Aha, but half of the revolution will be from left to right viewed from the front so that will be opposing the earth's rotation. Anyway, I am in the southern hemisphere so the North pole is down. Ok it's at 43 degrees to the vertical, but you get the idea.

If you consider the turntable's frame of reference, then it is standing still and the world (including the brush) is rotating around it counter-clockwise and you will get dizzy and fall over.

Ah! another M stroker as I posted about earlier!

I guess the pattern is in real life an M 'cause the puck moves in the tin. Unless we consider it from the puck's frame of reference, which I won't 'cause I haven't had enough beer. This morning I actually used a figure eight pattern to as I was trying to get the residue from the walls of my Proraso pot. Have I invented another method that needs adding to the poll?

We must immeadiately patent that idea. If the claims I read on my GF's lotions and potions are anything to go by, then optimising for stroke direction makes perfect sense.

I hold my brush still and allow the rotation of the earth to swirl my soap.*

*OK, I just saw someone beat me to it! :blushing:

Clockwise if I'm holding the brush in my right hand, but counter-clockwise if I'm holding the brush in my left hand.

We should prepare for both directions.The earths magnetic field has been weakening and the poles Will switch.As it has in the past.:shocked:

Top Bottom