What's new

My Resto's---Will be updated frequently

Alright B&Bers. Well I have only been DE shaving for about 2 months now and I already caught SBAD. I have a shea moisture brush, the VDH brush and an Omega 10066 boar. But I've recently picked up a bunch of older handle that I will be restoring and I am always looking for more. Out of all the handles I've received I have already pulled all the knots, if they came intact. The first brush that will be completed is a blue and white Ever-Ready 100. It will be getting a 20mm pure badger knot from TGN with a 60mm loft. With shipping it came to 15 bucks or so. I wasnt looking to get the best for my first brush. I have posted Pictures of all the handles I have laying around and I will update with more pics as I get more handles or finish some.

A couple more of the Ever-Ready 100
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here is the pictures from the sellers when I bought them.
attachment.php

attachment.php

proxy.php

I will probably be setting the knot on the 100 when I get home tonight. The next one I will be finishing will either be the big wood and orange which will get a 28mm knot, the black and red made-rite, or the all white ever-ready. I am still up in the air on what I want to do to the Blue and white Ever Ready. The bottom part was broken off and lost so now the white part is just plaster. I am debating chopping it off and just using the blue part as a handle or to seal the plaster somehow with a thick durable epoxy.

Last edited:
Have fun!! As a fellow who has restored several I can tell you it's addicting breathing new life into these classic handles! Enjoy!!

Have fun!! As a fellow who has restored several I can tell you it's addicting breathing new life into these classic handles! Enjoy!!

Thank you. At least the SWMBO has been gone for a month and hasn't seen any yet. I will be going to get her this Sunday so she will get to hear about it all. As long as I can keep finding old handles I dont think I will ever buy a new brush again. Most the ones out of this lot Once they are done i will be giving them away to family and friends as stocking stuffers with some soaps.. I will also be PIFing some out when they are done so keep and eye out.

I really really really want any handle thats green so if you are looking to get rid of one pm me please.

that handle on the left is a beauty.
be sure to post the pix when you're done.

The wood and orange one? It is. Might be my next one. Well I set the knot on the Ever-Ready 100 last night. Man that brush is awsome. The TGN knot rocks and it can dig into soap quick and build a nice thick lather. I didnt measure the loft on it but here are pics of it. There is some pics from when i first set it, and after its first use. I know you can kinda see the epoxy where it squeezed out but with this being my personal brush i dont care.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

just a quick couple seconds loading it up. Really digs into the soap
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

and all rinsed out
proxy.php

I hate these lil buggers
proxy.php

my shaving partner.
proxy.php

1. Nice cat.
2. Nice brush! You brought it back to life.
3. Your lather is begging for a little more water.
4. What kind of "lil bugger" is that? I've never seen one of those before.

1. Thank You
2. Thank you again
3. Yeah it could have used a tad more. That was its first lather so I was trying to make it as thick as I could. When I was done I actually made a ball of lather and was able to toss it around a lil.
4. Thats a stink bug. Theyre big here in the MD,VA, PA, DC area. they came from asia couple years ago and they are going crazy. no real predators here in the states for them so their populations have been sky rocketing
1. Nice cat.
2. Nice brush! You brought it back to life.
3. Your lather is begging for a little more water.
4. What kind of "lil bugger" is that? I've never seen one of those before.

Yeah, we used to have elder bugs all over the outside of our house here, 10 years ago. Now it's stink bugs all over the inside of the house. Their name is odd to me. They don't smell any worse than any other bug after you squish them (and I don't notice them making a smell before that point). They smell like wet/decomposing grass. Oh and I'm a predator. I've got about 100+ of the buggers in my garbage now. Flexible plastic rulers are their natural enemy. I've also smashed a few out of the air with old (damaged) strops.

The advice I'd give you for future brushes is to sand the inside rim before you set the knot (looks a little rough), and also push the knot down a touch more so that the base is hidden (you'll likely find that you want the knot pushed down even further than that to give the brush less bloom and more backbone).

Yeah, we used to have elder bugs all over the outside of our house here, 10 years ago. Now it's stink bugs all over the inside of the house. Their name is odd to me. They don't smell any worse than any other bug after you squish them (and I don't notice them making a smell before that point). They smell like wet/decomposing grass. Oh and I'm a predator. I've got about 100+ of the buggers in my garbage now. Flexible plastic rulers are their natural enemy. I've also smashed a few out of the air with old (damaged) strops.

The advice I'd give you for future brushes is to sand the inside rim before you set the knot (looks a little rough), and also push the knot down a touch more so that the base is hidden (you'll likely find that you want the knot pushed down even further than that to give the brush less bloom and more backbone).

Thanks for the advise. That brush was the most pain out of all of them for getting the old knot out. Took me like 3-4 hours for 3 days. I did sand the inside before i set it to get all the crap out. I wasn't too worried about the lil roughness at the top of the hole, with it being my first brush and going to be my personal one. That one was as far down as I could put it. It looked like white plastic right under where the knot was. My 22mm silvertip knot was shipped today and a couple of the handles will take it. This one just puts to shame my shea moisture brush from target so I cant wait to give the silvertip a go. And still trying to find a green handle. My SWMBO returns sunday from being gone for 30 days and shes already asked me "what other shaving junk did you get?" and shes asked me to shave her legs when she gets home which will hopefully turn into some fun.

Ok ladies and gentlemen. The 22mm silvertip arrived yesterday. Talk about fast shipping. I am working on boring out the black and red handle to fit it. It was about 21mm and just a lil too big to fit the 20mm knot that I had so I figured I'd go ahead and make it 22. I was even tempted to just lather up the knot last night it felt so yummy. May set it tonight. There is some empty space inside the hole on the handle I dont know if I want to fill it in with anything. I am also waiting on a item to end on the bay so if i win it i may just save the knot for that handle.

Time for another update. The Red and black Made Rite is done. It got the 22mm silvertip knot from TGN. loft about 45 IIRC. The hole on this handle was just a tad too big for a 20mm and too small for a 22 so I ended up having to sand it out to fit the knot. I will be sealing the bottom part of the handle to hold the crack in the red better but after some use it hasn't been a problem.

Just set the knot.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Whipin up some lather. Man thickest lather I've made. It looks a lil watery but a couple more pumps got it there. And I spent about 10 seconds less than I normally do Loading it up
proxy.php

proxy.php

Broken in a lil bit
proxy.php

proxy.php

compared to the ever-ready with the 20mm knot
proxy.php

And with all my brushes
proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I just have a cheap boar brush I picked up at the supermarket at the moment. I was going to buy a badger but you have inspired me to make my own. I'm hitting the antique stores this weekend to look for a cool handle.

Top Bottom