What's new

Is It Possible To Shave Everyday?

I was wondering how many of you find it possible to shave everyday? Myself I have to wait at least three days, but that was with my Fusion. I don't know if I should try it since I only started shaving with a DE three days ago. Plus my hair is so thick and coarse (I mean that I could probably put a nice finish on a peice of hardwood). So if you fellas could give my some insight on this I woould appriciate it.:confused:

If I take it really easy, I can shave everyday. This means not going for BBS everytime but getting a decent shave a calling it quits. What I usually do though is shave every day and a half (morning, next evening, etc...). This extra time seems to give my face enough recovery time in between for a good compromise.

Dennis

I shave daily, though I can still look presentable if I skip a day (contrast that with getting a 5 o'clock shadow by 2 when I was using an electric...).

--Mark

When my beard is on steroids(which it seems to be this week), I can go every day pretty easy though I have to be extra careful on my neck as it increases razor burn and ingrowns. Usually though I go every other day. The GF says I look "hot" with a bit of stubble.

I usually shave everyday, mainly because I don't like the feeling of stubble. I don't have any problems doing this. For me the key is to find a soap or cream that gives me a lot of lubrication and to condition when the shave is over.

Well, I think I might give it a try when I get some feather blades for my Slant. Also I probably need to get some preshave oil to go with my avacodo cream. My neck is the biggest part that worries me( it's like cable wire). Thanks for the input. Mantic your videos have been a big help to me keep'em coming!

I was wondering how many of you find it possible to shave everyday? Myself I have to wait at least three days, but that was with my Fusion.

If you have to wait because you've got a slow-growing beard, then be thankful for small favors.

If you have to wait in order for your face to recover from the ordeal, then you're about par for the course for the Fusion, it beat my face up something severe. Once I left cartridge razors I started shaving every day, originally with the DE and now with a straight razor. Both of these are much gentler on your face because there's only one blade and it's buffered by the lather. With a cartridge razor the first blade scrapes off the lather and the rest of the blades scrape off skin.

I usually shave every day but I only do 2 passes WTG and 2 XTG. Gives a close shave with 0 irritation.

Every so often I go ATG. If I do that I usually get some cuts and nicks but I wont need to shave the next day.

I work in a chemical plant, so it's a rule to be clean shaven due to respirator fit issues.

That being said, I did not shave this morning, because ............. I couldn't!! Not enough stubble from the super close shave yesterday morning.

2-passes each day, and the weekend off. If I've been a silly boy and beaten my face up its 1-pass till recovery, and that's with a Gillette Superspeed for ease.

Its all reduction. No BBS, given up on that as the regrowth post-ATG is not a happy affair.

I used to shave once a week before moving to a DE. I can now shave every day (as I have from day1). I did (and sometimes still do) occasionally get irritation/ingrowns due possibly to overshaving, in which case I may take a day off (or just do 1 pass on the angry neckish areas).

It may sound strange, but I am becoming more and more convinced that letting your stubble grow out longer produces more irritation (maybe a day off doesn't seem to affect it, but more than that and I find my neck starts to break out).

My long-winded point is that it IS possible, just take it light at first (maybe only doing 1 or 2 WTG passes per day so you look presentable but haven't overshaved). Also, the daily shave helps ensure you are properly exfoliated, which will result in better shaves (IMHO). As with everything in this universe, YMMV.

I shave everyday with 3 passes WTG, 2xXTG. On weekends and special occasions I will go for 4 or 5 passes and go ATG.

Cheers,

Nate

Every day no matter what, 4-7 passes, zero irritation. Since changing to a DE 3 months ago I've never looked back. I have a very coarse beard and use only Gillettes or Feathers. No ingrowns in that time. I can honestly say that since changing to a DE it has been the single most improvement in my general daily life in many years and would encourage any newcomers to persevere until they find the combination that works for them.

I shave every day. With all my practice at DE shaving (2 months worth), it is an almost always painless process. It's when everything (prep, blade, razor, angle, pressure, soap/cream lather) comes together repeatedly that the entire thing becomes sweet and easy. Of course, that does take a bit of time, took me 2 months to get good enough, some guys do it on their first DE shave. :mad2: :lol:

After getting a DE razor I can shave everyday. Now I don't have to wait for the razor bumps to heal. Get a good post-shave routine, I think it's very important for the skin to heal and get moisturized (and ready for another glorious shave)

I shave every day including the weekend, with three passes and some touch-up, and get a BBS shave 98% of the time. I've been using a DE for a year and a half, though, so I've had plenty of practice. If you're using the DE razor correctly, you should be able to shave every day without irritation. I used to think like you, that it couldn't be done. But after about 4-6 months I started to see that it CAN be done. Don't go for the BBS shave every day when you're first starting. It will take you some time to get your technique down.

Hi all,

I use to be an every 2nd to 3rd day shaver. I recently started shaving everyday except on weekends (and on weekends if I had some function to attend). At first I was trying for BBS for every shave. I quickly found that this was nearly impossible. Now I shave just for the enjoyment and to look clean. I try for BBS every 2nd or 3rd shave and especially on Mondays after a weekend off.

To me, the fun is in enjoying all of the creams, soaps, aftershaves, razors and everything else involved with shaving. I never would have thought I could associate the words fun and shaving .

Patrick

I shave everyday with the exception of an odd Sunday here and there. I have a bit of irritation issues but that is mainly caused by me rushing my shave or my immature technique. Unfortunately for me my job doesn't allow me to not shave, so I deal with it as best I can.

Top Bottom