What's new

feedback about Ever-Ready

Well im pretty new to wet saving an the first time i did it i told myself i would never return to the way i use to do it.I got into it because i came across a brush that was once used by my grandfather on the bottom of the brush it reads

PURE BADGER

Every-Ready
k40
made in usa

im just wondering about the brush and if it is a good quaility or not,so far it has been really great using it but i am also curious about other brands or types of brushes.i ve using it with williams and a fusion razor.want to learn straight razor but dont want to loose my head:blushing:

I have an old Ever Ready badger brush and I use it more than my expensive Vulfix. I also picked one up for my son and he has no complaints. And it has the red and cream colored handle, can't beat that.

Wow, I finely hit 50 posts, yeah.

Ever-Ready shaving brushes are shaving classics. If you have one, you have a piece of shaving history. I have six Ever-Ready's that I have acquired over the past several years. I have a, #1000, #100, #200BH, #150, #F40 and a #89.

I try using the original bristles, unless they were worn out or loseing bristles. My #1000 had pure badger, but was worn down and was not usable. I ended up restoring five of them with The Golden Nib badger: four finest badger and one (the F40) with black badger. My most recent Ever-Ready, #89 has boar bristle and is in such good shape I will use it as is. If the boar bristles start falling out like my #150 I will replace it with another TGN finest badger.

The economics of restoring brushes is pretty good. Lets say you pay $5 for a worn out, vintage Ever-Ready brush and it needs to have the bristles replaced. If you use a TGN finest badger, it will cost you around $24. If you do the restoration work yourself and have to buy water resistant epoxy glue, you will have approx. $35 in a badger brush that will last you for years. Not to bad of an investment. I have gotton to the point that I will probably not buy another new manufacture brush again.

The only badger brushes that come close in performance to rebuilding brushes with TGN finest badger, are the Frank Shaving finest badger brushes, that are around $19 delivered. The quality of the FS finest badger bristles is not as good as the TGN finest badger.

Last edited:
I have my grandfather's Ever-Ready brush. It's in pretty good shape, so I kept it as original and use it every now and then. But I prefer the softness of today's modern brushes and primarily use Shavemac silvertips in restored vintage handles.

I am in perfect agreement with dcrosso. EverReadys are classics and if that one is in good shape...use it...if not restore it.

In my view EverReady handles easily outclass almost every modern brush made.

Shave with history.
Restoration is no mystery.

I still use the #100 I've had since the late '60s.
honest.
Tony@TGN restored to for me last year but - hey...
still rockin' strong.

One of the reasons I only have one new brush is that there are so many beautiful classic Ever Ready brushes out there, some with good original knots and many in need of a reknot. I find the classics so appealing that, although I see some lovely custom made handles, I have no desire for anything but a classic.

I'm kind of partial to Century brushes as well.

Last edited:
I still use the #100 I've had since the late '60s. honest..

Congratulations on still having your original brush!! I still remember throwing away my 80s Atra that I had forever and really regret it now.

I find the classics so appealing that, although I see some lovely custom made handles, I have no desire for anything but a classic.

I'm kind of partial to Century brushes as well.

I feel the same way, and what you see above is all of the brushes that I own and use. BTW, the brush on the back right is a Century. I love the way it looks and it has a nice, solid feel to it when I use it.

Man the back left ones handle is very cool.the one i have looks like the far right but it is all bone color.

nice thanks for everyones feedback i think every ready is the route i may take,:thumbup1: all though i did just pick up a KENT VS30 09/08

Man the back left ones handle is very cool.the one i have looks like the far right but it is all bone color.

nice thanks for everyones feedback i think every ready is the route i may take,:thumbup1: all though i did just pick up a KENT VS30 09/08

the beav:what is the far back left one called any model name?
i gots to have it

I've only been DE shaving for a couple months now and only bought 2 new brushes and about a dozen old handles that i am planning on restoring. Theres just so much cool old ones out there i will probably never buy a new brush again and just keep getting old ones and reknoting them. Finished my first one last night and ordered my second knot today

Here are the Ever-Ready's from my small collection of about 20 vintage brushes I have. Each of these have their original knot and I use each one. The first one, the 300, is probably my overall favorite brush.

proxy.php

the beav:what is the far back left one called any model name?
i gots to have it

It's an Ever Ready Model 250 -- commonly called a "beehive."

Here are the Ever-Ready's from my small collection of about 20 vintage brushes I have. Each of these have their original knot and I use each one. The first one, the 300, is probably my overall favorite brush.

Very nice, Tom! I really like the looks of the first one, too.

Last edited:
My three decade old Ever-Ready still looks almost new after all of the use that it has been through.

Top Bottom