What's new

Newbie checking in

I'm in week two of DE shaving and loving it. I'm looking forward to testing out more soaps, creams, blades, etc., but I am looking for a good place to start with aftershaves. The past few years, long before my DE conversion, I have exclusively used balms and lotions to reduce razor burn and redness. However, after reading many threads here, it looks like splashes and astringents can do the trick too. I'd like to get back into splashes because I think the scents are better and now that I'm DE shaving, the razor burn is not as big of an issue for me.

Any suggestions on where to start? What to look for? I found superlather.com in a B&B thread and can buy sample sizes for just a couple bucks. Any other websites you would recommend?

How about some of the drugstore specials? Available almost everywhere and cheap, so if you don't like them, it's not a big loss. There's a reason they've been around for decades...they perform well!

A few that come to mind: Old Spice, Aqua Velva, Brut, and CLUBMAN!

Oh..Yess!!! The Clubman!!! If you find a barbershop with a strop hanging from the chair, you will either find Clubman or Masters on the counter. Clubman is at the large chain drugstores and Masters is sold at Sally's.

My first stop would be chemists etc. westcoastshaving.com has a good selection of aftershaves.

Top Bottom