What's new

Orange Derby blades - Amazon com

I almost pulled the trigger on the Amazon deal for these. I wasn't sure if the blister (hang display card?) pack contained a standard blade box inside that was the typical blade dispenser that could be stacked, stay sterile, etc. Is this the case with the orange Derby deal (250 for $20)?

As an aside, do these or anyones blade packs any longer come with the disposal slot on their backside?

Thanks for any help,
S

The packs come in a hang card blister pack and the pack/blade dispenser is not wrapped in plastic. Twenty-five hang cards come in a big white box. I don't know of any environment that is "sterile" i.e. aseptic save for a cleaned IV hood and these blades aren't medical products (at least they are not labeled as such) and I don't think any DE blade manufacturer makes guarantees on sterility. They would have to come in sealed packages, like medical products. They do have a disposal slot that is accessible if you lift one of the flaps on the end of the dispenser.

Thanks for the info. So once you open the blister pack the dispenser is just like any other brand, except it's not wrapped in plastic? Hmmmm.....I just don't want to have to store them in their hang cards

Last edited:
Open several hang cards, stack the dispensers how they best fit into a ziplock baggie, put a rubber band around the stack and put them in the ziplock. Store away, dust free.:wink2:

Last edited:
Top Bottom