What's new

Question on Blade/Spine Etching

Workshop Veterans,

I am pursuing a custom 7-day set. I'd like to know what would be involved in getting the days of the week etched on the spines of some razors.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks. I have just acquired a THIRD Livi regrind (I'm such an idiot). So I was thinking about maybe starting to make a set out of them.

The problem is they all have worked spines. I'm just thinking and rolling it around in my head at this point.

You'd be amazed on what lasers can do. I'm sure even with the worked spine you can do something.

I have a 7 day set of TI's that I plan on sending it.

Also, if any of you guys have had razors laser-etched, how does that etching hold up over extended periods of regular use?

Lasers! Check out Gentlemens Best:thumbup1:

+1.....They have over a billion fonts to choose from.

Also, if any of you guys have had razors laser-etched, how does that etching hold up over extended periods of regular use?

The HartSteel etching on the tang is laser engraved, it would hold up just like it. I haven't had any issues with stropping or cleaning mine either.

+1.....They have over a billion fonts to choose from.

The HartSteel etching on the tang is laser engraved, it would hold up just like it. I haven't had any issues with stropping or cleaning mine either.

I know I may have said I was going to write down you're the one with the laser work but this time I mean it!:lol::lol:

Wow... now that is awesome. Thanks!

With etched spines, I suppose I could have somebody file down a flat spot and put the text there... Kind of like what TI did on Chimensch's set:

proxy.php

I think you could do that, but it might be pretty tough work on an already heat treated and tempered blade. Don't most custom guys do the filework before HT?

Well, I'm pretty sure Seraphim doesn't re-heat treat his blades after beating up Gold Dollars.

No, I'm pretty sure you could do that file work after the heat treat, just as long as you don't go so crazy the temperature doesn't break the "uh oh" threshold.

I haven't seen thirdeye around for a while, but I think he is the resident laser-man.
Holding up shouldn't be any problems, but heat might. Lasers can be darn hot.
But Ray will know that.

Top Bottom