What's new

First Real Shaving Soap

Ok gents I just recieved my first real shaving soap. Its Edwin Jagger Aloe. The kicker i didnt have a shaving brush. So i used a towel and whipped a foam as best as i could. Even using this method it was way better than what i used to do. Love the smell under that i used Alba Aloe an Mint. I ordered a Tweezerman as my first starter brush so excited to try that when it arrives....Now i maybe ready for a De Shave....Hmmmm....Still using my Bic Metal Razor...:tongue_sm

Check CVS, they sell a boar brush kit for under $10 that also includes a puck of soap.
Also, some Targets sell a really good badger brush for $8.99.

I think you'll find it works a lot better with the tweezerman brush than with a towel.:lol:

Nevertheless, welcome to B&B!

just make sure you wash the tweezerman brush really good cuz the one I got stunk and released some kind of coloring.

just make sure you wash the tweezerman brush really good cuz the one I got stunk and released some kind of coloring.

All natural fiber brushes came off a living animal at some point, so it's kind of a crapshoot whether you get a stinker or not. I've had brushes that can be used right out of the box, and some that literally knocked my head away the first time I used it.:blink:

I guess I know I can always use a towel if I go out of town and forget my brush. I would never have thought of that in a million years.

I guess I know I can always use a towel if I go out of town and forget my brush. I would never have thought of that in a million years.

Works pretty good with a wet wash cloth. Just swirl it on the puck then put on wet face it created a decent enough later...One question about the brush if it does stink how can i get rid of the stink? and how do i keep it sanitary..??

To get out the initial musky funk try shampooing it a few times.

Every time you build a lather you are essentially washing the brush with soap so keeping it sanitary is not an issue.

About monthly I wash my brush with shampoo to get out the soap build up.

Good luck!

Top Bottom