What's new

To Whomever Linked To Monoprice, Thank You!

Hey chaps. A few weeks ago someone mentioned a web site called Monoprice. They sell all sorts of a/v, network, and other cables. Along with a good assortment of adapters and cable gender changers.

I just placed an order from them today for a few items we needed for my Frankenstein webcam setup and a slim SVGA cable for hooking up our laptop to the flat screen tv. Their prices are amazing. It remains to be seen how the shipping service is. I opted for the regular snail mail approach and it was economical as well. Here is what I got.

A 6ft. 3.5mm to 2 RCA plugs.

A 6" RCA plug to 2 RCA jacks.

A 50ft. Cat 6e network patch cable(running from our router to the Netflix enabled BluRay player)

A 10ft. Ultra slim SVGA M/M cable(we watch SciFi streaming shows on the tv this way)

The price? Nineteen dollars and change, shipped! The RCA cables were less than one dollar each and the SVGA was less than five dollars! The Cat 6e cable was about $6.50. The shipping actually came to more than any individual item at $6.65. I am more than pleased at this pricing. Again, thank you to those who directed me there. You saved me a goodly amount of money.

Regards, Todd

Last edited:
Thanks John. I am glad we have some favourable comments about the site. All too often internet "shopping" goes thusly; Search for thirty minutes or more to compare selection, prices, and shipping. Find sites that have great sales graphics and photos, unbeatable selection, and EVERYTHING it seems is out of stock or back ordered. "Available soon" is another one you see all the time. It was nice to find a site that simply advertised what it has, what it costs, and what shipping costs are. Oh, and almost everything was in stock. Nice. Again, thanks for the link guys.

Regards, Todd

Congrats on your purchase. I went through this when first buying HDMI cables for my TV a couple of years ago.

It's a jungle out there, but when you finally find that store that fills your needs, you're golden.

Bought my HDMI cables from them and have been very happy with the quality and price.

Recently, I bought some speaker cable from Blue Jeans Cable. Another great site with great prices.

Ben

Top Bottom