What's new

uh... sex pistols... cologne.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/section/1/item/47729/brand/Etat_Libre_d’Orange/Sex_Pistols.html

SERIOUSLY?
(yes, actually seriously)

So I ordered a sample (along with a bunch of others I was intrigued by) and wore it out saturday night to a few halloween parties and a bar (or I think maybe 4 bars, but things got... fuzzy....). My initial impression was that it was nice and maybe a touch leathery, almost like opening a box with new doc maartens. The scent softened a bit over time, but lasted quite well. Checked with a few friends who liked it and got a good laugh once I told them what it was. Definitely a far cry from my normal Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet or Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte. Would I wear it again?

maaaaaaaaaybe. I mean, for all intents and purposes, punk is dead - and why NOT wear something endorsed by the band that was essentially the New Kids On The Block of punk rock? :) I don't know if it's worth 80 bucks though - I might be willing to pay 30 or 40 for it, tops.

Being a former/current punk. This sucks.

They really must need the cash. They were sellouts from the start though.

yeah, not to derail this forum (we are supposed to be talking about the cologne but whatever :)) - they were a manufactured band anyway. very much created by mclaren in every way to cash in on the punk "look". the music was even fairly safe.

it bothers me less than I thought it would.

yeah, not to derail this forum (we are supposed to be talking about the cologne but whatever :)) - they were a manufactured band anyway. very much created by mclaren in every way to cash in on the punk "look". the music was even fairly safe.

it bothers me less than I thought it would.

When I think of a cologne from the sex pistols, I think of armpits and a**holes.

When I think of a cologne from the sex pistols, I think of armpits and a**holes.

lol - that's kinda what I was thinking too when I first read about it.

"This cologne has the delightful aroma of the aftermath of your first mosh pit experience. Blood, sweat, and teen angst come rolling through on the basenote and are cleaned up at the high end with a subtle but compelling hint of old leather and perhaps a touch of urine."

Being a hardcore fan of punk for 28 years now, this is typical of the Sex Pistols. No big surprise. And John Lydon is probably promoting it in some obnoxious way. The Misfits are pretty lame in their marketing too.

The one that really made me sad was Bad Religion shoes made by Vans. it was bad enough that they went to a major... but then to put their name on shoes?? :thumbdown

However "Never Mind the Bullocks...." is still one of the all-time great punk CD's, and my pick for best punk CD of the 70's.

I heard that if you go to Lucky Scent to sample it, the clerks will swish it around in their mouth and spit it on you. At best.

Top Bottom