What's new

Post Your Pictures: Japanese Razors

Towa by H.Diamond , came in today in NOS condition. It should be a sweet shaver.
The second one is a stainless Maxfli by Tanifuji, that is the first ever stainless razor from that maker that I have encountered.

Attachments

• $20170118_001304.jpg
    $20170118_001304.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 112
  • $20170118_000400.jpg
    $20170118_000400.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 110
Towa by H.Diamond , came in today in NOS condition. It should be a sweet shaver.
The second one is a stainless Maxfli by Tanifuji, that is the first ever stainless razor from that maker that I have encountered.

Superb! And yeah - never seen a stainless Tanifuji before either.
How hard is that steel going to be??

Outstanding! The Towa is beautiful, but there is something about the Maxfli that catches my eye.

Thanks Scott,

It's taken quite a while to put even the meager collection I have together, some are more common than others, but when you want a pair in good condition, that complicates things. Then there are the unicorns, at least in good condition.... I'd love to have another of the Hayashi 8000s in the same condition.

Cheers, Steve

If only I'd seen this thread earlier. Just let go of 3 of these. Beautiful to look at and shave with. There aren't too many minty ones floating around anymore!

Here's two NOS Tanifuji's that came my way last week I kept one and the other moved to a new home in Belgium.

Tanifuji 666​

Tanifuji 54​

Scott so far I have seen only two brands of Japanese stainless steel razors (not counting kamisori), Maxflistainless from Tanifuji and SUB from Daishi. It will be interesting to see if others will pop up eventually.
Yeah I will keep a sharper look for them from now on myself.

Top Bottom