What's new

Post Your Pictures: Japanese Razors

I think it was in a lot sale of razors you put up awhile ago.

Nevermind, I think this was the orig ad

Yes. That's it. I knew it was in May or June 2010. Thanks.

I've been going through my old sale threads to save photos of everything. I've sold some pretty nice stuff, some for really low prices. I see a Manaslu razor that I sold for $35. A different model goes for about $200 these days. :scared:

I've been going through my old sale threads to save photos of everything. I've sold some pretty nice stuff, some for really low prices. I see a Manaslu razor that I sold for $35. A different model goes for about $200 these days. :scared:

Thats not the lot I got the razor in, it came with a stainless steel Earth razor, a Dorko, and a few others

Thats not the lot I got the razor in, it came with a stainless steel Earth razor, a Dorko, and a few others

Oh yeah, that lot of fixer uppers? I remember kicking myself for passing on those when you told me you got them. That was back when I told myself I was done buying razors, I think that lasted a whole 2 or 3 days.

Telly, I think it was you that sold it to Mike. I'm pretty sure this is it.

Sorry for all the OT post gents.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that lot of fixer uppers? I remember kicking myself for passing on those when you told me you got them. That was back when I told myself I was done buying razors, I think that lasted a whole 2 or 3 days.

Telly, I think it was you that sold it to Mike. I'm pretty sure this is it.

Sorry for all the OT post gents.
I forgot about that lot. Here I was thinking that I've never owned a Dorko. Thanks.

6/8 FON Deluxe recently purchased from JimR's blog. Honed it up on a coticule dilucot and finished on a Frankonian Hone. Took a very excellent edge!

proxy.php

I watch like a hawk for your NOS razor sales, but they go so quickly!! One of these days... :laugh:

here are all my kamisoris

proxy.php

from left to right: iwasaki swedensteel, kanetake, henkotsu, yoshinobu, new azuma, unknown maker, yoshio for azuma

I have purchased a few well loved traditional japanese straights. And a couple that may be mistakes, but I will have to post photos of those later.

Here is one with stamps similar to the one in the post from bambos except with a little more hone wear. Both have letter 'A' and the delta sign inside the circle. I have no idea what any of it means.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Not something as cool as the old traditional fixed Japanese straights but I love it. :thumbup1:

proxy.php

I have a reliable translation source.

Have always admired muli blade sets of traditional st8s,so I created one,for my blades.
Lignum vitae,Ebony,Ivory.
proxy.php

Last edited:
Have always admired muli blade sets of traditional st8s,so I created one,for my blades.
Lignum vitae,Ebony,Ivory.
proxy.php

Very nice! I like it better than some of your individual stands. I also think this would be good for longer term storage while your attractive individual razor stand from ebony or walrus or horn could stay nearby the sink.

How do you like the spacing between razors on this one? The reason I ask is that it looks like it might be tight, but it may also be okay, its hard to judge from the picture. Is your design to basically cut a set of inverted 'V' openings to accept the blades? I have a cigar box that I have been thinking of doing the same with. But your custom made box looks better than mine. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup1:

Thx
Over time the Lignum will turn a very dark emerald green color as the oils oxidize from contact with UV light,a week in the sun will do it,but we have no sun of late:(
Real Lignum is 40% oil by wgt so it makes a perfect coffin so to speak for carbon steel blades.
The spacing seems to work well and keeps the box to a compact size,actually just a 1/8 in. slit deeper than the blade width works well.

Top Bottom