What's new

Exploring the Science of shaving (circa 1957)

Sweet read that re-affirms everything that is preached here.

But I have to say my favourite bit from the whole article was on the first page:

"Electric razors save you time for an extra cup of coffee in the morning; they also wake your wife up in time to make it for you."

:lol:

Ahhhh, yeah!

Sweet read that re-affirms everything that is preached here.

But I have to say my favourite bit from the whole article was on the first page:

"Electric razors save you time for an extra cup of coffee in the morning; they also wake your wife up in time to make it for you."

:lol:

Ahhhh, yeah!

Ha!! I didn't catch that. I will have to show it to my wife and see what happens!! (I will stand back a bit though!)

I've taken the "Ten Minutes to a Good Shave" routine as my prep, shortly after I decided "Kyle's Prep", while excellent, was way too involved for me.

If you take nothing else from the whole article, just try washing the face with soap and water, then lathering up and letting the lather sit for two minutes.

This works great. Been doing it for about two years and I'm completely sold, plus, that two minute wait is a great time for brushing the ol' chompers.

Great article, it lead me to another one about the addition of chrome to blades in a January 1970 issue of Popular Science. Good reading as well.

Top Bottom