What's new

What blade do you find works best in the new Muehle/EJ Head?

Hey guys! I own a Stylo and I was curious to see what you guys like to use razor blade-wise in this head. So far, Derbys and Personna Reds are great! Either way, my face doesn't agree with Feathers. I look forward to your feedback. Thank you!

Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum and SharpEdge
Gillette Super Thin
Gillette Bleue Extra
Gillette Platinum
Timor
Souplex
Medical Personna
Iridium
Supermax Sunrise
Bluebird

For me the Mühle/Jagger head has worked well with nearly all the blades I have tried in it.

Last edited:
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum and SharpEdge
Gillette Super Thin
Gillette Bleue Extra
Gillette Platinum
Timor
Souplex
Medical Personna
Iridium
Supermax Sunrise
Bluebird

For me the Mühle/Jagger head has worked well with nearly all the blades I have tried in it.

Wow! Nice! That's a good variety!

I find the Muhle/EJ head to be a fairly mild razor. So for me they need a sharper blade. Closest shave ever for me was a Feather in my Muhle R89, but the irritation was not good. Feathers are tough for my skin. But the Iridiums and Gillette Yellows I love in the Muhle. Both very sharp blades. Astras are also good for me but one notch down on the sharpness level.

ASP from Czech Republic (Astra Superior Platinum) should be the best choice.
Sharp and gentle!

RP (Red Personna) isn´t that sharp to be the best.

Croma Diamant is an insider tip from Germany, because fo the fine sharpness.

I find the Muhle/EJ head to be a fairly mild razor. So for me they need a sharper blade. Closest shave ever for me was a Feather in my Muhle R89, but the irritation was not good. Feathers are tough for my skin. But the Iridiums and Gillette Yellows I love in the Muhle. Both very sharp blades. Astras are also good for me but one notch down on the sharpness level.

I wouldn't call it MILD, but the sharper blades work well for me in this razor:
Feather
Gillette 7 o'clock black
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Gillette Superthin
Super Iridium

these pulled:
Astra SP
Red IP
Shark SC and SS
Lord SP
Crystals
Bluebird
SuperMax Platinum and SS

need to try
Gillette 7 O'clock green
Bolzano
Timor
Kai

I have found that Israeli Personnas and Dorco ST301s work best in my R89, closely followed by Derbys and Supermax Super Stainless. SWMBO has found that German made Wilkinsons are best in her EJ DE86, closely followed by Gillette Bleues. We both agree that Merkur Stainless suck.

I have a Muhle R 89 and I find that Gillette greens seem to work the best for me in this razor. Feathers are also very good.

Feathers work great in the Muhle. Also try Permasharp, Iridium Super or Gillette Bleue Extras.
For me Gillette Yellow pack don't work that great.. YMMV..

Top Bottom