What's new

Do You Use Both Hands?

Do You Use Both Hands?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Quick question here that just came upon me, when shaving, do you use both hands to hold the razor?

As of now, I have only been using one hand (right). But I think I noticed my left cheek not being shaved as well as my right. Could it be the fact that I have to cross my face that does this?

Well, it's something I never thought of, hence I'd like your opinion on it. :thumbup:

I use both hands. Left to shave the left side, generally, right to shave the right side, generally. For me, it seems to work out better, giving me a more uniform BBS shave.

In keeping with the current season, I throw right, bat right and shave from either side.

I use my right hand only and get good results on both sides of my face. I would not attempt to develop ambidexterity while wielding a sharp blade within striking distance of ears, nose and lips!:eek:

Yes, I use both hands but not in equal duration. More like 65-35. I shave with my right hand for the right side of my face and neck, chin, mustache, and the middle to slightly left of my neck.

I (usually) use my right hand more, but sometimes will use the left hand for most of the shave. Consistency never was my strong suit.

I have tried using both hands vs. using just my right hand. The odd part is that, though I'm not ambidextrous, there's really no drop-off in quality of my shave with my left hand. There's not really much improvement, either, though.

I may keep trying to use both hands if for no other reason than to build my coordination in my left hand. Conducting an orchestra is a lot easier if your left hand is able to function on its own.

I lack precision with my left hand, because so far I've used only my right hand. Though, it would be handy to practice also with left hand.

What, no bad jokes in this thread? :rolleyes:

I only use my right hand for the razor. Left is used for skin-streching.

Right hand for DE (but will try both some day).
Both hands for straight shave (60/40).

It's just easier for me to do the straight moves with the other hand as well, than developing new ones. So right hand does everything from right ear to the middle (including everything below nose and mouth), the left hand the rest.

greetings
Joe

Top Bottom