What's new

Saint Charles Shave

Condolensces to Sue and family as they deal with health issues. I just wanted to say that I had my first shave with SCS (the Pumpkin soap free sample they sent) and it was as good as any soap I've ever used. And for 6 bucks a puck.... wow.

Now for the part I don't like; I hate powdery scents. The New Spice puck I ordered has it. The pumpkin soap had it. Mediterranean splash had it (to the point where I had to pitch it). So I know I won't be buying more of those in the future. I like SCS bay rum so I'll probably stick with it.

So a question about that personal pref- what is the ingredient or ingredients that make things have that sort of powdery smell? You know it, the one underneath the citronella in Williams, or that overwhelmingly ends the similarity of Pinaud Clubman to Brut33. I hate it. I want to avoid wasting money on products with it in the future.

I'm glad you had a good shave with the soap. I agree that their soaps are wonderful; the peer in every way of more expensive and highly touted soaps.

I don't know what you mean by "powdery scent." I use their Lime AS milk and it's awesome. I don't smell anything powdery in it at all.

By the way, if you like the soap's lathering/shaving properties but don't like the scent, you can order a different scent. You can even contact Wendy and she might be able to make you a puck of soap a scent of your own choosing. Sue and Wendy are nice like that. :thumbup1:

Just ask them what is giving that particular soap the powdery smell. Then they can tell you what soaps don't have that in it.

Yeah the straight up lime was ok by me as well. I just wondered if anybody here knew what created powdery scents in general.

This thread is not to knock their products in any way; absolutely top notch performance out of them. I just want to make that clear. My personal prefs don't include a particular smell is all.

Or, you can order the unscented soap. It lathers up beautifully and is perfect if you have any issues with scents.

Top Bottom