What's new

Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum

I have just seen these blades on the site I use to purchase my blades, but also that the price is approx 50% more than for feathers that I routinely use. Can anyone give any insight as to the quality of these blades?

David

I rate them as the sharpest of the 7 O'Clock blades, from both countries.
IMHO the Feather is still sharper.

I can get 4 good shaves from them, where I get 3 from a Feather.

They are pretty pricy, but can be had direct from India in bulk on ebay for a more reasonable rate.

I find them to be among the smoothest blades I have encountered. As mentioned there are reliable vendors from India, both here and on ebay, that sell for approximately $15 for 70 blades, not including shipping. For me, they are my favorite blade in the 37C Slant.

eric.

For me, the Indian 7 O'Clock Super Platinums, while being the most expensive of the 7 O'Clock blades, are also the least durable. They're a good blade but by the third shave, they have degraded noticeably and I wouldn't think of using them a fourth time. The Permasharps are much cheaper and last between four and six shaves. Many people have the opposite experience with me to the Super Platinums. The best thing to do is try a packet: if nothing else, you'll satisfy your curiosity :001_smile

The Gillette Platinums, Bleue Extras and Super Thin Platinums are cheap, durable and sharp. If you haven't tried them, I'd recommend giving them a go.

I love 'em. Not too pricey if you ebay them from India. VERY smooth and sharp. Not QUITE as sharp as a Feather, but similar in the smooth way they SLICE thru the stubble.

very sharp,good blades i founds some on ebay at a very cheap price buy if the Feathers are 50% cheaper in price go with them they are still my favorite
baldes :thumbup1:

These were the first blades I ever used and even after going through various other blades, I always come back to them. They seem to do the best shave for me! Longevity isn't an issue for me as I only have to shave once per week which is a blessing and a curse at the same time lol :)

Nice blade. Sharp and very smooth. For me it stays smooth as it dulls which is something I really appreciate. It is on the pricier side, but there are some decent bulk prices out there.

Top Bottom