What's new

Impressed with "Super Safety Razor's" Stainless razor/brush stand

As promised, I am reporting my impressions of the “Deluxe Stainless Steel Safety Razor and Shaving Brush Stand” from Super Safety Razors (Amazon.com e-tailer). *I have no affiliation with this seller*

In short, I am simply floored by the quality of this $22 stand – especially when compared to those it apparently competes with (I say “apparently" because in my view, this one would win handily in a side-by-side comparison with any of the chrome-plated stands at this price point). This is NOT a cheaply-made, poorly-chromed, base metal stand. It is the real deal – with a screw-on milled solid stainless base to boot. All parts strongly attract a magnet and frankly, even though stating this is sure to raise some eyebrows here, if I did know better I would have been more likely to guess that this stand was “all stainless” over the new Feather All Stainless razor I recently bought. Specifically, this stand has the look of solid polished stainless, whereas the Feather (to me) reminds me of the flash-chromed stainless steel parts common on the 1980’s S&W handguns (which isn’t a bad thing at all).

I have tried to post pictures that offer some comparisons. This is one of the better buys I have made in my very recent foray into the DE safety razor world.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a stand for my Feather.Where can I get one of these stands?

Paul

Edit:Sorry I did not see that Amazon was mentioned.

Last edited:
That's is really nice. Do you know the width of the brush opening?

According to my caliper it is 0.9225 inch (so about 23mm).
Also, the opening for the razor handle is 0.558 inch (so about 14mm).

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be wrong, but if it's stainless steel, I bet you could take some fine steel wool and with a bit of elbow grease, make that stand look like the Feather razor. Beautiful item.

I have one of these. I liked that the base was nice and heavy, but didn't like that the screw in top seemed to loosen up all the time.

Great stand, sturdy and solid.

For future reference if the screw continues to come loose, head to your local hobby store an buy some "Blue loctite". Put it on the screw, tighten it down, you'll be good to go.

Great stand, sturdy and solid.

For future reference if the screw continues to come loose, head to your local hobby store an buy some "Blue loctite". Put it on the screw, tighten it down, you'll be good to go.

Or you could use a bit of thread seal tape (aka teflon tape, plumber's tape, etc.)

You could also widen the "hanger opening" with a little grinding & buffing -- something to think about for brushes w/ bigger knots. Also, that Simpson Commodore 2x I have in the first picture will also hang by its handle. That's the way I normally hang it -- not sure why I snapped the picture with it hanging by the knot.

Or you could use a bit of thread seal tape (aka teflon tape, plumber's tape, etc.)

Good ideas... thanks guys. I have boxed it though. I got a cool acrylic stand from Cutting Edge that I turned upside down and mounted under my medicine cabinet. So, I have a $10 wall mounted rack that holds 2 large brushes and 2 DE razors.

Can't beat it.

Last edited:
Good ideas... thanks guys. I have boxed it though. I got a cool acrylic stand from Cutting Edge that I turned upside down and mounted under my medicine cabinet. So, I have a $10 wall mounted rack that holds 2 large brushes and 2 DE razors.

Can't beat it.

That is an awesome idea!

For the OP, most variates of stainless steel are attracted to a magnet, as stainless only specifies the chrome percentage in the alloy.

Phil

Correct -- it mostly shows it's not shiney plastic or chromed brass. Of course there are some stainless steel alloys that will not attract a magnet (or do so only very weakly)

Top Bottom